1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My "New" truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 93redneck150, Nov 5, 2008.

1. 93redneck150

93redneck150 Member

Well i've been wanting to get a diesel to replace my 02 gasser for awhile and a freind on mine at work was selling his 99 f-350 PSD with 102,000 on it sp i picked it up at swapped my 8.6 Ultramount V over to it off my 04 , put a lightbar on her , changed the rusty oil pan and rebuilt the tranny to prevent any problems this winter... it's already had new wheel bearingsand ball joints, bully dog programmer, ram air intake, 5 inch exhaust, 2.5 inch leveling kit and it came with the new oil pan, a new set of skyjacker shocks, 3gauge pod for the a pillar, and a stock set of wheels and tires... what do yall think...

99350.jpg

2. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

Thats a sweet truck!

3. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

I also all ways wanted a diesel. the rims really make it look great

Last edited: Nov 5, 2008
  4. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

That looks like a really nice work truck!

5. 93redneck150

93redneck150 Member

Thanks. I haul small equip (5220 jd tractor, 225 cat roller, road plates etc..) on a daily basis for work so my gasser was getting worked to hard... so the diesel was the answer and i think i got a good deal for $6500

6. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

crap you stole it for that price, in my area a power stroke like that would go for around 10 easy... you need to invest in a set of ford tow mirrors for your rig, they look ten times better and work ten times better. id also get the powerstroke diesel badge for the door and ditch the one on the front panels . :cool: most days i wish i held out and bought a nice 7.3 but my 6.8 gasser has treated me well and hauls my loads just fine...

nice rig man :D

edit: just saw your from ny man, feel free to go under your user public profile and go to join social groups and join the new york plowers..

7. 93redneck150

93redneck150 Member

Thanks. Yeah I gotta get a set of towing mirrors i had them on my other truck and they were awesome, the small mirrors suck. thanks for the tip on the NY plowers i didnt know about that
    Dave

!cid__1031080909.jpg

8. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

What a beast RedNeck! Nice ride.

9. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like you have been having some fun in the mud.

10. csx5197

csx5197 Senior Member

I agree on the towing mirrors. They complete the fords look. They also work really well, just about eliminate blind spots as well. And since you haul a trailer everyday, they'll be worth it to you.

11. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

how much of a %itch was that oil pan to do?

12. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

$10k your nuts lol. try $13k I was just looking at one :) and yes get the mirrors. I got rid of those little paddle mirrors and I dont regret it. these telescopic mirrors make it easier to back down the boat launch with the boat and backup my fifth wheel in a small area because you can see better. but get heated power mirrors they are great never fog up.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2008
  13. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Nice truck

14. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

Nice truck! and you did steal it for that price... A 96 F250 with 188k on it around here is 7k..And if you want a good price on a set of mirrors contact Ed www.ftepartsguy.com he has the best prices on ford parts.. Tell him Mike C sent you.

15. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

looks like a nice truck you got and sounds like you did some good maintenance on it too

16. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Nice truck and great price what a find.

17. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Nice truck :nod: that exhaust looks small for being 5"

18. MaineF250

MaineF250 Senior Member
    from Maine

Nice truck... looks like a white version of mine except it's a 6 sp and i don't plow with mine