1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My new truck!!!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by nickv13412, Sep 26, 2007.

1. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

Heres a couple crappy cell phone pics of my new (to me) truck. 1997 f 350 XLT powerstroke 4x4, bully dog 6 stage chip, MBRP 4" exhaust from the turbo back. havent registered it yet, but ive taken it up the road few times and i am in LOVE with it!! sure beats the 95 f 150 XL it replaced. Ill try to get more pics when im home from school this weekend. Let me know what you think! thanks! - Nick

09-23-07_1831.jpg

09-21-07_0640.jpg

09-21-07_0641.jpg

2. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Nice beast ya got there, but the question on everyone's mind........... What kind of Fisher are you putting on it?!? :)

3. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

haha why did i figure it would be YOU to ask that hahaha. im looking for a set of mm push plates for it know. ive already got 3 plug wiring for it, and ive got my brand new 7'-6" RD for it that i originally bought for my f 150. I know the plows small for the truck, but i already have the plow and all the truck gets used for is my driveway, and at the small airport my father keeps his plane at. Youre required to clear around your plane, so we do his and his buddys spots, maybe five 50'x50' spots total, so for what i need it for, the 7'-6" will suffice...at least for this year

4. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

son of a gun, thats the exact truck my girlfriends cousin has been looking for. was it forsale in CT?

very nice man

5. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

06HD, yes it was, picked it up on the side of rt 31 in coventry. i had been looking for months and i finally found the one i want!! My buddys father spotted it and let me know about it, i picked it up 2 weeks later.Thanks guys

6. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Looks nice. That's my favorite body style. How does she move with that 6 stage chip and 4" exhaust?

7. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

I plowed with a 7.5 RD on a 3/4 ton for 4 years because that's what I had from the previous 1/2 ton truck. Undersized, maybe a little, but you still move a lot of snow! And the thing of it is, you might never get what you paid for a new plow even unused (it probably has more value to you with it on the F350 for the next 4 years).

Reference your first response to my Fisher comment: a reputation is a terrible thing to waste!! ;)

Good luck with it -- looks like a good truck for ya

~Kevin

8. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

those 97's are work horses...we got a 250 reg cab and three other excavators around here have 250 reg. cabs...all 97's with the powerstoke in them, these guys have enough money to buy a new truck but they still drive these around...you just can't beat them, great sound, great stance, great power...and they are all black too...nice find

what are the miles on it?...we have 113,000 on ours

9. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

she moves pretty good, you can definitely feel the difference from stock when you turn the knob. im loving this thing and ive only taken it up the road a couple times:)

10. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

yeah im not too worried about the plow, and youre right about the value, i definetly dont think i could get what i payed for it, maybe close, but not dead even. I loved my first fisher, and im sure ill love this one even more...faster, stronger, and better lights! - Nick

11. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

shes got 145,000 on her, but only 15,000 on the new tranny, which is definetly the weak point in these year trucks, so im hopping she'll go another 145,000 haha. Love the black, but, as we all know...a black truck is a responsibility...ive owned it for less than a week and ive already washed it once haha. Thanks for the comments guys - Nick

12. BlueRam2500

BlueRam2500 Senior Member

Nice truck, good luck with it. I really love those body style Ford's.

13. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

Thanks a lot, i love this style too, but i also love the super duty's, even the 08's have grown on me. Keep em coming guys! - Nick

14. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

sweet OBS PSD MAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! very clean truck and you even have the goodies to go with it . turn swith to max and watch it go from powerstroke to powersmoke LOL . with good serivce which it already has had you'll won't need a rebuild until 350 K or more !

15. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

Thanks a lot Mike! Yeah she puffs a little bit when she gets a load on her. :cool: My buddy drove it home for me because he is insured on the dealer plates he brought from work, and he was teasing me the whole way home by getting on it while going up hills and giving my car a little black shower haha. Im really happy with how clean the truck is. The previous owner definitely took care of it and it shows - Nick

16. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

i never thought i'd say this but thats one hell of a nice ford. my buddy has one almost exactly like yours except its got the 460 and man can those trucks push some snow.

17. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

thanks a lot guys, been saving up for one for a while, its hard with college (had to drop 600 bucks on books for just this semester alone:dizzy: ), but i finally got the one i want and i couldnt be more excited. Just gotta be careful, the truck has had 3 owners in the past four years because of divorces hahaha, good thing im only 18!!

18. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

You have any gauges in that thing?

That'd be my FIRST mod before I did anything else. Exhaust Temp, Trans Temp and Boost at very least. Fuel Pressure can't hurt either....

19. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

that thing is a BEAST!!! I'm a GM guy, but ide love that truck!!!!

20. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

yep, ive got boost, trans temp, and EGT, no fuel pressure though. Thanks - Nick