1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My new truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by AFM Contracting, Dec 4, 2006.

1. AFM Contracting

AFM Contracting Member

Need a plow!!! Any recomendations?

new truck 008.jpg

2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

7'6" or 8' Boss!:cool:

3. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

nice truck!! go with a Western Ultra Mount!!!

4. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

Great looking truck, very clean. I know that I'm probably a real minority on this forum, but I've had nothing but a great experience with my Meyer plow. I love it. I bought it used and have had nothing but smooth sailing.

It's very durable, rises and lowers easily, and other than the touch pad and a headlight module, it's lasted 2 seasons and is getting ready for it's 3rd with me. Like I said, it was used, so I'm not sure how much the previous guy did, but it's been great.

That's just my .02, whatever you decide, post some pics and again, congrats!!

5. AFM Contracting

AFM Contracting Member

Thanks guys, I love the truck.
    I plowed with a meyer last year... I really liked it, but I am looking for something used, and used plows in around here are about the same $$ as a new one in buffalo. Let me know if you guys know about one.

6. Jpocket

Jpocket Senior Member

We use Meyer stuff Exclusively so does most everyone else around here...I think it really depends on the area your located. I am not located in "Snow Country" where a 12in snowfall is considered nothing. Guys that live in Buffalo New York will probably laugh at a Meyer plow. Around here Meyer is the mainstay, and they work and last a long time, might not be the latest and greatest but they get the job done.

JMO.

7. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

Western Ultra Mount, get a meyer only if you want to have problems with one.

8. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

9. AFM Contracting

AFM Contracting Member

In the local paper there is an 8' meyer and an 8' frink trip edge. both have the meyer classic mount.... havent seen them yet, what do you guys think about it?

10. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Is that a 1500 or a 2500? I say 7.5' Fisher would be perfect if it is a 1500, but a 8' Fisher for a 2500.

11. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

it's got the 8 lug wheels and by the stance as well, im pretty sure its a 2500

12. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

A Snow Bear or Snow Sport would do nicely on that. :dizzy:

That's a very clean and good looking truck. Hope it makes you lot's of payup .

13. Lubold8431

Lubold8431 Member

Huh, thats weird. It looks like the side says 1500, but it does have the 8 lug wheels.

By the way, my recommendation would be a 8' Fisher if its a 2500, or a Homesteader if its a 1500.

14. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

Looks like a 3/4 ton to me, but you're right, it does look like it says 1500 on the pass. door.

15. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

That's exactly why I asked. I initially assumed it was a 2500, but at second glance, I noticed that emblem on the door.

16. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Maybe the door was replaced or misbadged. I use to work at an oil company and one of the trucks that was an F350 had an F250 badge on one side.

17. AFM Contracting

AFM Contracting Member

no its a 2500, the pass door emblem is broken and it says 500. Its missing the GMC 2. Nothing gets past you guys eh? lol thanks for the complements guys

18. Brothers

Brothers Junior Member
    from Toronto

blades

hey AFM ... nice clean truck ..if you are looking for a clean used plow ..you can take a chance and call Sean at Keswick Rentals....i dont know the number off hand , but they have/had ..a few used plows ..and they do install also ....Super nice guys ..and they know what they are talking bout