1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

my new truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Precision Lawn, Dec 30, 2005.

1. Precision Lawn

Precision Lawn Senior Member

Here a pic of my new truck that I just add to my fleet

102_0715.JPG

102_0714.JPG

102_0713.JPG

2. mrplowdude

mrplowdude Senior Member

Thats a nice looking rig! Hope it gets a lot of use this winter!

3. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

Looks great:waving:

4. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Nice truck! What year?

5. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Nice... you are gonna move some serious snow with that rig :)

6. RolyF

RolyF Junior Member

Awesome setup! But I had to laugh when jt5019 wrote that you are going to move some "serious" snow with that rig. In Maryland??? What you guys call serious snow, in NH we call poor sledding.
    But that brings me to the spreader you've got out back. I have a feeling you make as much money busting ice as you do plowing snow. payup
    What's the weight of the unit empty and full? Do you spread salt, sand or a mix and do you buy it that way or mix it yourself? Is it a stainless unit and if so does your experience say that's the way to go vs. painted steel?
    Thanks for your input.
    Roly

7. Precision Lawn

True we don't get as much as you do I really don't know what it weight I just we can look it up on western web site i use salt only I think stainless would last long

8. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Roly
    I think Maryland may have gotten more snow than us this year.. Let's just say the sledding is not so go lately, our town even bought a snow making machine for Robie park a few years ago! What up with the weather??? I guess just typical NE.

9. Stark_Enterprises

Stark_Enterprises Senior Member

As for all dodges especially Cummins.... I LOVE IT....payup :yow!: :bluebounc :redbounce

10. MD Power Plow

MD Power Plow Senior Member

Hey Frank sweet ride I gess you me to go out and buy a few more trucks.:drinkup:

11. Dirt_Werx

Dirt_Werx Senior Member
    from MASS

that looks excellent, what are the specs on the truck?

12. Precision Lawn

2000 dodge 3500 dually diesel automatic 4 wheel drive

13. to_buy

to_buy Senior Member

I use salters like that

We have a fleet that uses the Air-Flo salt spreaders like the Western. They overload them and don't take care of them, but they still last a long time (because I take of them). You must get it with the Briggs engine.
    Any other questions let me know. to_buy@yahoo.com (plows in subject line)

14. Dirt_Werx

Dirt_Werx Senior Member
    from MASS

whatd that sett u back? great truck except i would have looked for a 6 speed tanny, to hold up better to plowing abuse

15. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Same here. It's a beautiful truck, but the only downside is the tranny. IIRC, 2001 was the first year of the beefed up Auto Trans.

16. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

That's probably one of the nicest set-ups I seen on here, I love the big blade and salt box, very nice !!

17. cattrader

cattrader Member
    from pa

oh my!! what a nice set up!!

18. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

GOOD GOD MAN!!, HOW BIG IS THAT WESTERN PLOW??? IT MAKES AN 810 BLIZZARD LOOK LIKE A SNOW SHOVEL!!!!:confused:

19. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

Thats some funny sh!t! Yeah a 3 inch snow fall closes down the city. Here 12+ inches and the only thing that shuts down is our city plowing service.:gunsfiring: