1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My new truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by advl66, Jan 29, 2013.

1. advl66

advl66 Senior Member

Just got her today, 2004 f250 6.0. Has 63k on it bone stock, for now. No plow as of now but should be changing by the end of the week. (Dealer pic's), and one of the plow i should be picking up. I will update as things happen.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Drew2010

Drew2010 Senior Member

Nice looking rig.

What did you pay for it if you dont mind me asking. My boss just traded in his 04. Identical to yours, ext. cab, shortbed, 6.0, automatic, fx4 and all. His had 93k on it, just wondering if the dealer its at is inline.

3. advl66

advl66 Senior Member

The dealer was asking 18995. My best friends uncle is the head of the shop at the same dealer, so they gave me a good deal. I traded in my 08 chevy 1500, and they gave me 16k for it. I ended paying just under 4k with fees and taxes. Truck also has brand new tires, and a muffler delete that i put on today until i can get the 4in mbrp straight pipe.

4. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

Nice looking truck - congrats and enjoy it!

5. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

awsome looking truck!
    that is exactly what i am going to be going after in the summer/fall....i love that color. my buddy has the twin to it and a 8'6" mm2 plow. he loves it, i drove it and thought it handled great. post up more pics when you get the plow on!

6. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

same truck someone just posted here last week except this 6 liter isnt burned to the ground yet

7. advl66

advl66 Senior Member

thank you guys, and i deff will post pics. i missed my old psd, so i had to get back in the game.. my old truck
    [​IMG]

8. Drew2010

Drew2010 Senior Member

You planning on bullitproofing the 6-OH. I would highly recomend it, at the very least egr delete and coolant filter would be ordered asap.

Without a few things it probably wont be as reliable as your 7.3 was.

9. Misch-Rman

Misch-Rman Member

Nice truck man

10. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

Congrats man, J&M is a great dealer with real nice cars.

11. advl66

advl66 Senior Member

Yes i plan too, with time though. and thanks guys. Truck is going into the shop monday to get the truck side equipment

12. wilsonsground

wilsonsground Senior Member

Do 4" down pipe to 5" the rest of the way with an SCT tuner

13. advl66

advl66 Senior Member

I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing for exhaust i might just do 4in straight pipe. I don't want it to be extremely loud so i may put a muffler on. I don't want to piss my neighbors off to much, or my landlord. I will be doing SCT tuner tuned by innovated most likely.

14. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  15. wilsonsground

The 5" doesn't necessarily make it louder as much as hearing more of that turbo. 03-04 6.0 have the best sounding turbo IMO. buddy of mine has an 03 6.0 wit 4" down pipe and then jumps to 6" and comes out before the rear tire. Now that's loud. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKX63buTG9U this is what you're truck will sound like

16. Brocky

Brocky Junior Member

That is the mate to my '06. No plowing in SC but pull this 32' Cargo Express grossing right on 20,000 with my '49 Diamond T 201 pick up loaded. Strictly stock engine 93K total miles with only about 10k of it towing. Have added Firestone Air Bag helper springs.
    New Trailer 001 (800x533).jpg

New Trailer 001 (800x533).jpg

17. wilsonsground

How do you like those Firestone airbags? I'm looking into them for my dump truck this spring...

18. Brocky

Brocky Junior Member

Sorry But I cannot answer that yet.. Just had them put on over Christmas, $525 installed, and have not even hooked to the trailer yet. Last year went from Greenville SC to Springfield Mass and it handled OK at 65-70 MPH up I-81 and 84 in VA and PA. This year we are going to Yakima Wash and I hope I will get a little more weight transfer onto the steering axle. Will let you know by about the middle of July. How big is your dump truck?
    Brocky

19. wilsonsground

99 Chevy 1 ton w the 6.5 diesel. Just your average landscape truck. But i freight it with material at times and don't like how much it sags. Same with when I freight the hell out of my sander.

20. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013