1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My new truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Beachernaut, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Beachernaut

Beachernaut Member

New to me anyway.
    The company I work for has a silent auction on their trucks when it's time to replace them. Evidently, no one likes 1 ton trucks. I picked it up for $2,500.

It's an 07 GMC Sierra 3500HD with 117k miles 4WD and the 6.0 gas in it.
    I've removed the graphics, and cleaned up the interior a bit. I'm scheduled to have a flatbed installed next Tuesday.

I haven't decided yet, but I think I may be looking for a plow to put on it.
  2. exmark

exmark Senior Member

Awesome deal man. It will make a good plow truck. Congrats.
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
  3. Beachernaut

Beachernaut Member

I'm about 99% sure it'll get a plow. That way I can plow with this and use my S-10 as backup/small driveway rig.

Not sure what plow to get though.
  4. kevlars

kevlars Senior Member

Sweet deal! That is a nice rig.

5. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

I'll give you $5k for it.
  6. exmark

exmark Senior Member

I would either run a western mvp 8.6 or a boss power vee 9.2. Those are just my favorite two brands though.
  7. patlalandebutt

patlalandebutt Senior Member

thats an amazing deal you got sir!
    i think a wetern v-plow would look good on that!
    you can tuck a couple bucks into the plow since you got a great deal on the truck!
    brand new or used plow?
  8. PabstBlueRibbon

PabstBlueRibbon Senior Member

let me know next time you have an auction!
  9. Beachernaut

Beachernaut Member

Although $5k already has me in profit, I'm gonna hold out... I'll consider anything above $10k, and $20k is a sure thing. :eek:
    Actually I'll drive it over the summer for sure, and maybe sell it for a good down payment on a brand new 2500hd. Or I may just keep it and drive the wheels off of it.

Although I'd love to run a V on it, I have a hard time with the extra $ and weight.
    I don't need a super heavy duty 10' plow for what I do. Something long enough that I'm not running over my windrows when turning would be fine. I did the quick match thing on Western's site and it had like 20 models to choose from for this truck. Brand isn't too big of a consideration because there aren't any local dealers for anybody.
    When it comes to something like a plow, I usually buy new. It's worth it to me to not take the chance on buying someone elses nightmare, and I hate peicing something together. OTOH, I am kind of cheap. I refuse to spend $7k on a plow to do a few driveways.

Hehehehe.... The auctions are only open to employees... But we may be able to make a deal.;)
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
  10. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

wow that is awsome! u made out sir! good luck and def post up final pics with a flat bed that is exactly what im looking to do next year....white one ton with a cm flat bed ss model.
  11. s&mll

s&mll Senior Member
    from NJ

Ill give you 10k for it.
  12. s&mll

s&mll Senior Member
    from NJ

And I can be there in a few days to drive it home. Let me know asap
  13. Mabepossibly

Mabepossibly Senior Member

Nice deal, is the form rack on the side what came off the truck?

Id look at a plow with a Poly V blade if you are worried about weight (on a 1 ton?)
  14. Omran

Omran Senior Member
    from KY

You are so so so so so so so so so so Luuuuuuuucky, Congratulations, that is awesome truck really nice.

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

nice looking truck. sweet deal
  16. trustyrusty

trustyrusty Senior Member

Asphalt Systems in Boise, ID is a good Hiniker dealer and they have been selling into Utah and Montana, don't know about Wyoming but they do a great job.
  17. musclecarboy

musclecarboy 2000 Club Member

I own both. Get the boss.
  18. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

did you just start this thread to make everyone depressed...........?
  19. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

That is one of the best deals I have ever sean. Good luck with it.
  20. starc

starc Senior Member

Very nice and great deal for sure...