1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My new truck......

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Elite_Maint, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Elite_Maint

Elite_Maint Senior Member

So i SOLD my 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 Hemi and replaced it with this 1999 GMC Sierra 2500 Diesel....

here are some pics....

2. sidthss

sidthss Senior Member
    from GR MI

Nice, she will be a good workhorse for you.
  3. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

a dump insert would look just nice in that rig ;)

congrats on the new truck
  4. MeeksCo

MeeksCo Senior Member

So it sounds like you probably made money and got a better suited truck, too.
    Good Job. I like the 90's model Chevy/GM trucks. Mine is a 1500 but acts like a one-ton.
    They're great workhorses.
  5. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

good slave worker right there, you run the hellout of that thing and make your money back in no time, great choice. dont mind me asking what you snatch it for?
  6. Elite_Maint

picked up the truck today......needs some minor TLC but other then that runs MINT..... here's a pic with the 2010 and the 1999 side by side.

7. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21 your new best friend.

a lot of people say the 6.5 is a horrible motor, but really all of the problems stem from a few little GM design flaws that are really easy and simple fixes. I've almost had my 6.5 for a year now and have really learned a lot about it. if you have any questions feel free to ask.
  8. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

So what are you going to hang on the front of it?
  9. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Nice truck. If I owned it I would paint the rims blue, paint the rust on the door, put a lighted visor on, and put a head ache rack on. What are you planning on putting on it for a plow?
  10. asps4u

asps4u Senior Member

x2...Looks like it's in great shape :drinkup:
  11. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

By looking at your logo, Think I saw one of those trucks pulling a single axle trailer with a sign on the gate last week on the 400. I may be wrong.
  12. Elite_Maint

Yeah that was probably me then...I'm always on the 400...

AND for the guys asking what i'm gonna be hanging in front.honestly i have no clue yet... it'll be a straight blade thats for sure...
  13. Elite_Maint

Here are a recent picture of my 99 and my 2010. I ended up installing a 7.6 Western uni-mount on the 99.

14. RCsLawncare

RCsLawncare Senior Member

Very nice fleet, that blue truck would look good with some newer 8 lug wheels on it!!
  15. Elite_Maint

Yes it would...I always looking to see if i find a deal on a set.
  16. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Nice trucks!
  17. Elite_Maint