1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My New Truck :)

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by thesnowman269, Aug 5, 2010.

1. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

1999 F-150 ext cab. 4.6 auto (soon to be a manual) 3.73 gears limited slip, and of coarse 4x4. swapped the axles from my old truck under it still have to swap over the torsion bars to get it to sit level also add the leveling kit. combined the leafs from both trucks so its pretty stiff in the back wesport. Later this week its going to get cab lights paint the grill black and all the extra lights needed for plowing, which reminds me I still have to hook up the plow.. crap, anyway enjoy the pitures!

new truck 2.jpg

new truck 3.jpg

new truck 4.jpg

Attached Files:

2. thesnowman269

oh by the way I've only owned it for 2 days so far :mechanic:

new truck 7.jpg

Attached Files:

3. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Nice congrats what the plan now for the maroon one-parts?

4. thesnowman269

The maroon one is my parts truck for the moment its getting stripped down. everything i can reuse and put on the new truck I am. such as the tranny axles steering components lights shocks bearings. all of which was new on the old truck and will be somewhat new to the new truck lol

5. affekonig

affekonig Senior Member

I must have missed it, but what happened to the maroon one? I think I remember reading something. So, you're going to swap out the auto for the stick? Di you get a crazy deal on this one? looking forward to some pictures. Good luck.

6. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

I think thats a terrible idea and a lot of work.

7. thesnowman269

The motor in the maroon one developed a knock, with the condition of the body and frame it just wasnt worth replacing or trying to sell. There for considering the amount of new parts the truck had the only logical idea i could come up with was buy the same era truck that the parts all fit on. So thats what I did. :nod:

8. thesnowman269

Why do you say that? the truck has high miles. Plowing with an automatic im just bound to break it. I have a new manual tranny sitting in my old truck half way out all ready. the most that goes wrong with a manual is I will eventually need a new clutch. but wait I already got one of those :D Now you my say that plowing in a stick is horrible and it sucks but that the way i learned to plow and thats the only way i think i could ever plow

9. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Just a large project.

10. thesnowman269

yes its a big project the whole truck is, but i liked the drivetrain in my old truck it was a good combination. Thats why im swapping it over and to also have a stiffer truck so it wont squat.. ever :cool:

11. deere615

my buddy who has a 96 f150 manual, blew reverse out at yankee this past weekhe dumped at it 5000rpm trying to get unstuck! We worked on it till 3am had the tranny dropped in 2hrs

12. thesnowman269

Holy $^%@!!! 5000!? I blew reverse out last year plowing only cause my throw out bearing was worn out and I kept forcing it into reverse soon enough I had gear fluid all over the parking lot :cry:. Any who that sucks haha Im still trying to get the torsion keys off the Black truck and then I can start swapping in the 5spd :mechanic: still have to swap in the front axle tho. the work never seems to end

13. deere615

yep same with his truck work never ends shoulda got chevys:laughing: Yep hes rough on his truck always womping on it after everystop sign. At yankee its constant forward/reverse at high wheel speeds if hes stuck- He says you have to get the wheels spinning fast to throw the mud out of the treads to get traction

14. thesnowman269

Ehhh im not to big of a chevy fan. Buying almost the same truck again was the smartest path for me to take, When its all said and done with all the extra parts sold off craigslist I will have more money then I paid for the truck :D. That means Ill be getting a beater for yankee :nod:

15. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Looks like a fun project. Good luck with it.

16. thesnowman269

Thank you :salute:

17. thesnowman269

Well I finally got the tranny out of the black truck. Man was it a @#$% took me a week and a half of working on it for about 4 hours each night. maybe i just dont know what im doin :rolleyes:

18. deere615

thats good beater for yankee sounds good also, then you just need a trailer to tow it there! I really hope to have my own mud truck next year

19. thesnowman269

I actually thought about making some kind of buggy or truggy (what ever you want to call it) out of the maroon truck, but thats alot of work seeing as i just stripped it of almost everything haha. I would love to have a truck i could just beat on there and not have to worry about making it the hour drive home. Hope fully Ill be plowing enough for some new gears in the black truck (4.56s :D) and still be able to get a beater jeep and a good trailer in the spring. Anywho got the clutch master cylinder and the pedals swapped over today, ill take some pic of everything tomorrow when its light outside

20. thesnowman269

this is how the maroon truck sits now.. haha and no my parents hate my guts right now

old truck.jpg