1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My "new" truck, maybe the best deal ever??

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Alaska Boss, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Alaska Boss

Alaska Boss PlowSite.com Addict
    from Alaska

So, here's the deal I found this past summer,... an older couple that lived close by was told by their doctor that they needed to move to a warmer climate if they wanted to live much lomger due to their health, so they bailed out of everything & moved to Arizona. He lived about 3/4 of a mile off the highway, so he had his own plow truck, a 1990 Chevy Silverado Ext cab w/dumpbed-flatbed, and an 8' Fisher plow, to keep his driveway open and his neighbors. He also had a 1995 Ford reg-cab pickup w/camper shell. He called me to see if I was interested in a package deal, and sold me both trucks for $4500. I immediately sold the Ford for $3300, and sold the Fisher plow for $1500, so that left me with the Chevy dumpbed truck, which also has inter-locking sideboards for the bed, and $300 in my pocket !! payup It's fully loaded, with a 5.7 gas/auto, and runs great,... everything works. The dumpbed option is like-new,.. almost never used. So, I put a new Blizzard 860 Speedwing on it,.... and this is now my "new" back-up truck,.... but now it won't even snow in Alaska!!! This is the Chevy & the Ford,... :salute:

1990 Chevy 3500 Dumpbed (Small).JPG

fo3 (Small).JPG
  2. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

Another shot of my "new" back-up truck... with the Speedwing,.. this plow pins back to 9'9",.. so it's virtually a 10' plow,... it'll be wide enough even on a dually,.... standing by,... :sleeping:

Chevy Dumpbed with new Blizzard Speedwing (Small).JPG
  3. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Best deal ever??????????????? That's better than free, you were paid $300 to take that Chevy!! I'm speechless. Sweet truck. Did you already have that Blizzard?
    Nice goin brother :drinkup:
  4. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

But 'ole faithful still runs like a champ,.... I'd like to see the pile of snow this truck has pushed all together in one pile over the years,... we've only had about 8" so far this winter,... where in some years, we'd have 3' or more by now,... maybe it's coming.... :salute:

'Ole faithful.JPG
  5. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

I know !! Can ya beat that?? How often does a deal like that come around?? And the thing is,... he came looking for me,.. I didn't go looking for him! Having a snowplowing business is why he called me,.. so just being in this business can lead to unexpected bonuses like this !!

No, this truck had a Fisher on it,... so after i sold it, I bought the Blizzard,.. about 3 weeks ago..
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2007
  6. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

hell of a deal! cant beat anything like that..looks great
  7. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Minus $300 from whatever you paid for the Blizzard and that's what you paid for an entire plow truck like that. I am ALWAYS on the look out for incredible deals like that or almost as good. That's why I bought that 8' FIsher speed caster set up for $150.00 and at the time it was worthless to me. Now the blade from that is on a Minute Mount rig...
    We can't wait to see some action shots. :nod:
  8. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

I usually miss out on deals like that because I just spent all my money on something stupid. Actually, a couple years ago I wanted to find a used plow big enough for my dually and was having no luck. Really wanted to plow so I ended up buying an S-10 with a 7 foot Fisher on it. The following morning a nearby restored K20 w/8' Fisher went up for sale cheap. Couldn't help myself so I bought it and brought it home. Sold the S-10 on Ebay and made $1100 on it, then I found the plow I wanted for my dually, 810 for $1600. So I bought it and sold the K20 on Ebay for $1500 more than I paid.

That is one sweet looking dually you got there. Can you tell me what size tires are on it? I'm really interested because mine are getting thin and I want to go a little taller and more aggressive. Those look perfect.

Can't wait to hear your impression of plowing with a white plow.
  9. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

Great looking truck!!!!...
  10. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

The tires on this truck are like-new,... they're the Goodyear Workhorse Radial "Extra Grip", size 215/85R16. Not sure if that is the stock size or not, but they seem to be ok, traction-wise. They were drilled for studs, but weren't studded.
  11. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

wow good deal!
  12. Detroitdan

Detroitdan PlowSite.com Addict

thanks for that info. I really thought they were bigger, they look so tall. Newer duallies come with that size stock, and they look puny.
    I had 225/75 on mine when I got it, they were small but they were the GoodYear Workhorse. Not the extra grip, they weren't aggressive enough for plowing, but then neither are the 235/85s I have now. But the Workhorse was an unbelievable tire. Wore like iron, they didn't have much tread when I got the truck, still got another 30,000 miles out of them. Never had another tire wear so well.
  13. the_mayor

the_mayor Senior Member

Awesome deal! Awesome truck! How many miles are on that thing? If you say 5000, I'm gonna shoot myself in the foot!
  14. cog-1

cog-1 Senior Member

Great deal, don't come across those very often, good job!!!
    Also looks like a great place to live from the pics-
  15. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

It had about 163,000 miles on it,... which is a few, but I've had at least 2 other trucks that I got over 300,000 miles out of without touching the engine, so I know it has a few left in it,... older folks generally don't tear things up too bad,... :cool:
  16. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

nice truck
  17. DSLND

DSLND Senior Member

Are you sure that's not Mike's (mcwlandscaping) truck? lol

Thats exactly what i want! How's it handle the Boss?

Heck of a deal on the other truck!

18. 04f350powerv-xt

04f350powerv-xt Senior Member

Thats the kind of deal that makes you go to bed with a smile on your face!:)
  19. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

that was an AWESOME deal CONGRATS!!! I could use few like that!!! :redbounce :nod:
  20. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

wow your trucks looks great....awesome deal too