1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My new truck came in!

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by NYH1, Jul 11, 2015.

1. NYH1

NYH1 Senior Member

I picked up my new truck earlier this week. It's a 2015 Reg. Cab 2500 Tradesman, 4x4. It's awesome. The new 6.4L Hemi with the 4:10 gears is a big step up in performance from my other truck, my '07 Ram 1500 Quad Cab short box 4x4 with 5.7L Hemi and 3:92 gears.

I only got on like the owners manual said to, a few short full throttle accelerations up to the speed limit. It rides pretty good for a 3/4 ton, not like the old ones that's for sure. I just have to figure which Fisher Plow I'm going to get. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get the 8.5' Xtreme V.

Here are some of the opinions-
    6.4-Liter V8 Mid Duty HEMI MDS Engine
    Popular Equipment Group
    Snow Chief Group
    Chrome Appearance Group
    Protection Group
    Power and Remote Entry Group
    4.10 Rear Axle Ratio
    Rear Sliding Window
    Trailer Brake Control
    5th Wheel / Gooseneck Towing Prep Group

Can't wait to push snow, NYH1!

2. NYH1

NYH1 Senior Member

Forgot to mention I don't know how to post pic's or I would have.

One thing on tire pressure. My door sticker says 60 psi in the front tires and 80 psi in the rear tires. When I picked the truck up the tire pressure monitor says I have 80 psi ± a psi or 2 in all four tires. This is my first HD truck. How much psi should I run in the front and rear when the truck is unloaded?

Thanks, NYH1.

3. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

It doesn't exist without pictures

Congrats, I run 75 in all fours

4. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Fallow the sticker in the door jam.
    with the
    LT245/70R17/E it's 65psi front, 80psi rear.

LT245/70R17/E 75psi front & 80psi rear
    LT275/70R18/E 55psi front & 75psi rear
    LT275/70R18/E 60psi front & 80psi rear

They use to give you 2 options.
    light load and with a load.
    light load 50psi front & 40psi rear
    with a load ^0psi front and 70psi rear.

5. NYH1

NYH1 Senior Member

I really wish I knew how to post pic's but I don't. I know how to text them on my cell phone LOL. I'll see if my daughter knows how to do it later when she get home from work.

NYH1.

6. NYH1

NYH1 Senior Member

I have the LT275/70R18/E On/Off road tires that come with the Snow Chief group. Should I run 60 psi in the front tires even with the plow on it? The Fisher 8.5' Xtreme V-Plow I'm more then likely going to get weights 900 lbs. plus the mount.

Thanks, NYH1.

7. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

I'd inflate them (front) to 75-80psi when the plow is hanging off the front.

8. NYH1

NYH1 Senior Member

Thanks, NYH1.

9. NYH1

NYH1 Senior Member

***Edited, I meant "OPTIONS".....not "OPINIONS". Wow, don't know where that came from!***

10. fatboyNJ

fatboyNJ Senior Member
    from NJ

i have about 3500 miles in my 2015 3500 6.4 i never thought i could be so satisfied after my 2001 cummin, but truck is perfect. good luck with it you will love it more and more as time passes

11. NYH1

NYH1 Senior Member

fatboyNJ, thanks.

NYH1.

12. RIRAM2500HD

RIRAM2500HD Senior Member
    from 02914

Good luck with your new Rig!

13. lawnboy2121

lawnboy2121 Senior Member

Congrats on the new truck. I just turned 1600 miles on mine I have the 6.4 with 410s in it . So far I am loving it

14. NYH1

NYH1 Senior Member

I was on the highway yesterday. I had the cruise set at 75 MPH and the engine was right at 2000 RPM's. I figured with the 4:10 gears it would be higher then that.

NYH1.

15. NYH1

NYH1 Senior Member

I had a Fisher 8.5' stainless Xtreme V v-plow installed on my new Ram a week and a half ago. This will be my first time plowing with a v-plow. Just waiting for snow now!

NYH1.

16. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

80psi is max inflation for max load. The tires are probably rated for 3600lbs each so 7200lbs total, even with the plow your going to be at 5500-5800 max. The PSI from Ram is based off max axle rating so 60psi is fine and better for traction when the plow is on the ground plowing. The same goes for the rear, the 80psi is for max load so if your running empty all the time 60 in the back is fine and will ride better.

17. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

Will the lower tire pressure set of the tire pressure monitor system? It does on my 2015 Ford F350. I have to keep my tires @ 75PSI to keep the low pressure light off

18. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

There's an adjustment for "light load" or "heavy load" that will turn the TPMS light off. I forgot how to do it because I never lower my tire pressure, but it's in the owner's manual. OP, if you want to text the pictures to me I'll post them for you.

19. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

When you get your new plow, load up you ballast and head for the scales and weigh the axles. Then adjust your pressure to match the axle weights.

20. NYH1

NYH1 Senior Member

Yep, I have to keep more then 55 psi in the front and more then 75 psi in the rear or my low tire pressure warning light go's off.

Thanks, NYH1.