1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My "new" truck and plow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by theguynextdoor, Oct 1, 2007.

1. theguynextdoor

theguynextdoor Senior Member

Here are my 1998 Dodge Ram 2500 and Western Plow. Not sure how long it is, since it was cut because it used to be 10ft . I think its around 7'9". I was driving around in August, looking for trucks to start up some plowing and found this truck. The guy took amazing care of it. Runs great, new tires, new brakes, new shift kit before i even bought it. Turns out his mechanic down the street sold me this plow. Really cool guys adn great deal on the truck.

I just painted the plow, after a ton of grinding prep work, 2 coats primer, 2 coats red indutrial rustolium, and 3 coats clear industrial rustolium here it is. I think it looks pretty good and inexpensive to do. Hopefully it will last, maybe I'll spring for the powder coat next year, or a new BOSS Vpayup

*** Won't let me post pics, says they're too big of file size and size...i resized them and changed teh filetype and it still wont work.....
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2007
  2. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Here are the pics of his truck and plow :) rather nice i must say!!

4. theguynextdoor

theguynextdoor Senior Member

Thank you for doing that mcw. I appreciate it.

There my plow sits in the last pic untill first snow fall.

The truck is gonna be tricky for residentials because of its length, but i couldnt pass up the deal. I only paid 6000 for that truck, in amazing shape. Came with towing package, 120,000 miles, new shift kit in the tranny, new all terrains, new brakes, new system, bed cover and liner. The long bed will be nice for landscaping...as it has already prooved.
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2007
  5. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

Looks great!

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Looks like a lot of guys are selling decent trucks at a good price.

Looks real close to my 98. It is long so becareful and the back up lights suck so you may want to get a spot light set up back there.