1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My new Truck and Plow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Emstaxi, Nov 14, 2005.

1. Emstaxi

Emstaxi Member

'01 Tahoe with '05 Blizzard 760LT

Blizzard Plow1.jpg

Blizzard Plow2.jpg

Blizzard Plow1.jpg

Blizzard Plow2.jpg
  2. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

are you putting timbrens on that thing?
  3. PlowVA

PlowVA Senior Member

Gotta put on the Timbrens or your front end won't last...
  4. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

my mans got a low rider in the front end
  5. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

by the way it is a nice looking rig
  6. QMVA

QMVA Senior Member

Wow does is that pic distorted or something. I've never seen a truck sag that much.:eek: Timbrens will help you but make sure you take that plow of as soon as possible after everystorm.:nod: Looks good though:waving:
  7. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Timbrens won't help that much on that vehicle, they aren't really designed for plows and especailly Blizzards, it looks as though his plow frame will scrape on the concrete.

Ya know I'm surprised the guy that sold the thing would'nt advise him better, hopefully he's not just out to make a buck, and at least suggested some work to the supension to support the plow.

Just my .02 worth.
  8. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

Tell me this is a joke, please? There is no way you can plow with that thing.
  9. DugHD

DugHD Senior Member
    from Maine

You might want to put your kids in the back seat for ballast. :)
    You can plow with that no problem, crank up your torsion bars some and drivah. I've thought about putting a plow on my wifes H2 if anyone made a mount for it.
  10. PlowVA

PlowVA Senior Member

11. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

Yikes!! A braver man than I. :jester: But, nice ride, nonetheless
  12. TEX

TEX Senior Member

The Way You Guys Talk About Timbrens--they Will Fix Anything. That Tahoe Is Very Very Low And Plowing With That Set Up Would Kill The Front End. After All It Is A 1/2 Ton. Im not Saying Timbrens Are Not Good, But Are They Really That Good?
  13. dirt digger

dirt digger Senior Member

you could always block the suspension with 2x4's lol. might be a rough ride though.
  14. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

I didn't think you could get plow prep on a Tahoe. Am I right? If not, does a plow installation void your warranty? Just wondering.
  15. raptorman03

raptorman03 Senior Member

nice rig man but it would crank the T bars up some and i would still put some tubes of sand in the back for ballast. What made you choose a blizzard?
  16. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Emstaxi - A few things:

What's wrong with your front bumper?
    Crank you T-bars and add Timbrens or you will have some issues.
    Add Ballast.

Other than that nice set up and I wish you lots of snow, and no twisting frame sections. :rolleyes:
  17. Maine_Snowman

Maine_Snowman Junior Member

Great looking rig. I put timbrens on my Tacoma; what a difference. I don't scrape anywhere anymore.
  18. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

Wow ya I definetly recommend timbrens. Wow that's almost bottoming out, if not already. They don't make em like they used to. My lil s10 blazer with a meyer 7 foot plow doesn't squat that much, doesn't squat very noticeably, with no timbrens or torsion bars twist.
  19. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

WOW...You really need help in that front end..:rolleyes:
  20. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

I think he might know he needs some sort of 'help' in his front end by now...

I think the Tahoe torsion bars are probably softer than the pickup trucks of similar 'class' I would definately suggest cranking those torsionbars up as far as you can so it sits evenly side to side, and installing some Timbrens. That and a couple rubbermaids with three or four sand tubes in them and you should be ready. I'd try to get as much weight back in the back as you can, maybe 8 80# bags at least, 640# should help out a ton.