1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My new truck and Boss DXT Plow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by snowplower1, Nov 7, 2014.

1. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

Got the 2015 Ford f-350 V8 6.2L at the beginning of this week and just had the new 9'2" Boss DXT put on yesterday. All i have to do is put the wiring on for the salter and im ready for this year!

ford truck with plow.jpg

ford truck with plow 2.jpg

ford truck with plow 1.jpg

2. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Nice setup and should be a money maker for you. I have a buddy with a '14 set up just like yours and he really likes it.

What are you using for a spreader?

3. snowplower1

Last year I bought a salt Dogg shpe 2000

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

At least someone knows about snowplowing ;)

5. snowplower1

Haha what do you mean Grandview? Btw was it snowing down in Lancaster today? Snowed here for a good hour and a half. Nothing stuck though

6. grandview

Hi quality truck and plow, ,won't even need you to be in the truck when out plowing. No snow here. Think of going to the Landscape trade show there next week.

7. JustJeff

JustJeff 2000 Club Member

You must have gotten last year's model. The new ones will look like this from now on!

steelcloseup.jpg

8. snowplower1

yeah this truck is built great. its gonna do some serious work this year and i cant wait. I am mostly excited for the new dxt, its gonna be so good to have. I'd love to go but for some reason every year the first two weeks of november we get swamped with last minute landscaping calls. Makes no sense to me.

9. snowplower1

hahaha yeah seriously. I am still bitter about toro taking over right when i am making the switch over to boss as we replace trucks. Hopefully it doesnt get too bad.

10. grandview

Heres the 2016 toro/boss plow.

[​IMG]

11. JustJeff

That's sweet, but slow as f*** I'm sure!

12. snowplower1

ha that thing would be sick! i wonder if it is really efficient at all

13. Yates004

Yates004 Member

Nice looking set up! Good luck this winter.

14. snowplower1

Thanks you too! Gonna be a fun year

15. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

Any concerns about the 9'2 being too much for the truck? Having a DXT put on one of our new dodge 2500s this week. Bigger is always better on our lots for the most part so I'm wondering if its ok and worth going to the 9'2 instead of the 8'

16. Jguck25

Jguck25 Senior Member

That truck won't even feel that plow. It's a ford haha

17. JustJeff

ALL three quarter tons can handle a 9"-2" VXT, even if the manufacturers don't recommend it.

18. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

haha thats funny... i don't think much will change, hopefully.

I'd like boss to release larger vbx spreaders though, maybe get into the 3/4/4.5 ish yard all electric market, using more usa motors/quality parts still unlike salt doggs china motors.

19. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Boss is now owned by Toro so low cost components are sure to come.....

20. snowplower1

I only drove the truck around for like 24 hours before i took it off but from driving with it all i noticed was that i need to make sure to add my weight in the back because it is so much weight that if i hit the gas a little too hard itll burn em up. but for being a thousand pound plow the truck handles that thing really good. luckily having my salter in the back it makes that ballast i need so i have no worries. I am excited because it is our first plow that is this big so it will take some getting used to but it will be so worth it.