1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My new trailer!!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by cjwoz, Mar 7, 2012.

1. cjwoz

cjwoz Senior Member
    from CHICAGO

I had this trailer built so i could move most of my snow equipment in one shot. The upper deck's back section is hydraulic so when i need to move my 10' Artic it's not a problem. The open section in front of the dump is 5' long, for the vbox, with pallet fork storage on either side. The dump is 14' long and both sides open for so its easier to secure the skid steer. There is storage for load binders, spare tire, and chains under the dump box. There are seperate pumps and batteries for the deck and dump box. The front part of the box has u channel welded 2' from the front so i can slide some 2x 10's and haul some salt and keep it seperate from the skid steer. I fiqured that if i was going to by a new trailer i wanted something that fit all my needs.
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
  2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

You using an s10 or Ranger to pull it?
  3. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Pretty innovative trailer... But the last thing I'd be doing is hauling salt with it...
  4. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

x2. I'd barrow someone elses trailer for that.
  5. bugthug

bugthug Senior Member
    from Pa

That is a bad ass trailer.
  6. cjwoz

cjwoz Senior Member
    from CHICAGO

A couple more pics....
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
  7. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

That's a nice trailer, Hope it works well for you.
  8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

got to ask,how much?
  9. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

looks like a good idea. whats that weigh empty?
  10. cjwoz

cjwoz Senior Member
    from CHICAGO

Grandview pm me, and Triple L,,,, I'm considering rhino lining the dump box. What do ya think?? Either way, the bottom line is its a piece of equipment. I appreciate the great replies. Thanks. I'll post some more pics next week with it loaded. It weighs 7000lbs
  11. hardwoodcd

hardwoodcd Senior Member

get some pics when its all loaded up with everything.
  12. Grassman09

Grassman09 2000 Club Member

You should get one so I can borrow it.
  13. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Dang that's a nice trailer. If it weighs 7k empty, then you can only haul 7k of cargo?
  14. cjwoz

cjwoz Senior Member
    from CHICAGO

NO,,,its got two 8000LB axles so a little over 9000 of cargo. With the skid loader the Artic and the vbox it will be over by about 500 lbs. I'll take that risk considering my area.
  15. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Right on. I'm not sure how they rate it, but I would think some of the weight transfers to the truck also, so you can maybe add another 1k or more onto that also?

MIDTOWNPC PlowSite Veteran

Looks like cam superline
    Triple l. That trailer of mine hauled lots of salt. You said it looked good for 3 years old
  17. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

What do you have for a hitch setup on the truckside and where did you mount your electrical plug in the bed? I'm looking to put a fifth wheel setup in my 06 once the season gets going. Trailer looks great!
  18. M & MD Lawn

M & MD Lawn Senior Member

Nice!! I like that configuration...was considering something like it for my next if I don't go enclosed
  19. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Your trailer does look great Dean... Just typically trailers have the worst paint job on the planet and I know 2 years of just driving one in the salt sure beat myn up good let alone having salt in it... Hopefully his has the super good paint job!
  20. jmbones

jmbones Senior Member
    from NE PA

Coat that sucker in Fluid Film and it'll be alright!