1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My New Trailer

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Maxamillion67, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Maxamillion67

Maxamillion67 Member

Here is my new trailer (to me anyways). It is a 1998 24 foot Donahue, with pop-up dovetail, two 7000 pound axles and the ramps slide in the back. Hope you enjoy the photo's.

trailer picture 031.jpg

trailer picture 024.jpg

trailer picture 025.jpg

trailer picture 031.jpg

trailer picture 024.jpg

trailer picture 025.jpg

2. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Looks good especially for it's age.

The neck looks really low may want to watch it.

3. mike6256

mike6256 Senior Member

Looks good... Do you haul anything else with it??

4. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I was thinking the same thing. Never really seen one built like that before.

5. Maxamillion67

Maxamillion67 Member

I am going to haul hay and some vehicles with it, There is 6 1/2 inches of clearance from the tail gate to the bottom of the frame. I am thinking of raising it a bit to get more clearance but if I raise it to much the trailer will not be level.

6. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I think it might be built like that so you can add on an extra deck. Like a 4' x 6' platform...not sure though.

7. TremblaySNOW

TremblaySNOW Senior Member

very nice hope it works well for you

8. patlalandebutt

patlalandebutt Senior Member

your truck lifted a few inches too?

9. TremblaySNOW

are you allowed to have a big fuel tank on there like that?

10. Maxamillion67

Maxamillion67 Member

It is a 50 gallon bulk tank and it is strapped down, you can legally carry 119 gallons with out a hazmat endorsement.

JCS:
    October 15, 2010 at 7:19 am
    You can haul up to 119 gal of diesel fuel without a hazmat endorsement. That is 119 gallons PER CONTAINER. If you have eight containers with less than 119 gallons each, you do not have to have a hazmat license. If you have one container with more than 119 gallons then you are required to have a hazmat endorsement and placards.

The upper limit for fuel is 1000 lbs of a combustible liquid per package, and as diesel weighs roughly 7.5 pounds per gallon, you come up with the 119 gal limit. See the link below.

http://telsafe.org/Documents/NTSPGas-DieselFuelTransportation.pdf

11. TremblaySNOW

Is this the same rules in Canada? I was told that all tanks homemade will not be allowed anymore they'll have to be a manufactured & registered & comply with rollover protection, That's what I was told at Mac Ewen were all of my fuel is purchased, do you know anything about this?

He showed me the tank that he was talking about, it was pretty beefy and if I remember corectly he mentioned it would cost $1500

12. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

Hey man, I see your from Hazen, know any stalochs? I have relatives that live in Buleah

13. snocrete

snocrete Banned

What kind of attachment is on that Cat? Nice trailer.

14. Maxamillion67

Maxamillion67 Member

I do not know about Canada's law for diesel fuel bulk tank. I did do a search on transport Canada site but could not find anything out about it. The tank I have is a factory tank but it is older tank, in good shape. I am going to paint it this summer so it looks better.

15. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

ditto on that...looks like a bucket with a home made large grapple??

16. Maxamillion67

Maxamillion67 Member

I know a Dave Stoloch's, do not know him well. I think he works for the same company that I work for but he is in the TS&M division.

17. Maxamillion67

Maxamillion67 Member

The attachment is a grapple fork for round hay bales. It is one that I made, bought a rusted out bucket and replace the bottom and added the grapple fork. They wanted about $2000.00 for one. I have about $800.00 invested in the one I made.

The trailer is in good shape for the year. I am the second owner. The guy I bought it off of used it to haul water for his sprayer.

18. EFI

EFI Member
    from NH / NB

All tanks that are slip tanks need to be approved for slip tank use . Bolted in or chained down approved designs only . Wheaterguard is no longer legal in Canada since its single wall .

Sooner or later we can all have a bad day .....

DSC1093357.jpg

19. EFI

EFI Member
    from NH / NB

Last edited: Feb 6, 2011
  20. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

That's about what mine is worth before it got linexed.
    I rent 2 other ones from Stinson for about $10-15/month ea, pretty cheap.
    You're not running around with 5 gal gas cans are you ?