1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My new toy!!

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by turbo5560, Sep 4, 2007.

1. turbo5560

turbo5560 Senior Member

I can't wait to pop the cherry on this! Just got it all together and ready for snow! :)

2. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

looks good. how much did the plow cost you???
  3. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

oooh! nice and shiney!:cool:
    a virgin Boss ready to work!
  4. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

No snow flap? Have fun with that...:dizzy:
  5. turbo5560

turbo5560 Senior Member

$4175 with smartlocks out the door. Brand new 07 model 8'2" V-plow. I love it.

And about the flaps... some people use them, some don't. The way i see it is that if you got snow flying over your plow your going too fast. While it may happen sometimes, it's not worth the $200 extra to make the plow look like $h!t

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

the snow flap is WELL worth it, if your plowing that light powder crap without one, you wont be able to go over 5 mph.
  7. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

NICE! I remember when mine looked that good. Actually it still does looks pretty good, haha.

I know what you mean about the plow looking like crap with the snow flap. I plow huge lots and its almost mandatory however they just look like crap. Im probably going to get one but I just dont want too. however the faster you can go in an open parking lot the more payup you get, haha.

Good luck with the plow, its a work horse!
  8. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

Now all you need is a decent rear plow and you'll have the perfect setup for Holland.
  9. troy28282

troy28282 Senior Member

Thats crazy talk. No here in Holland uses rear plows.
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2007

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Well maybe 1 or 2 people do but not very many. Lakeshore, do you think you could hook me up with an 8'2'' ploy vee blade only? Thanks.

11. turbo5560

turbo5560 Senior Member

ya, im working on getting a couple other plows for some people so ill let you know.... need smart locks?

anyone got a good set of 285 75 16 BFG all terains new or slightly used in the holland area that they want to get rid of... ?
    kinda embarressed to show pics of those ugly things. haha
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2007
  12. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

My Holland brother, we've been askin for that info on those plows for some time now.

I'm a lookin for a nine two poly - 616-886-1506 - Chuck

I like that ugly flap on the front, sometimes it snows so dang hard that you get done with a small lot and there's still 2 inches there. Drive fassssst.
  13. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

Framer check this guy out http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-...oryZ6755QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

He quoted me a 9.2 poly for 4475

I was gonna go to them but found a dealer closer to me,im gonna go for the XT
  14. turbo5560

turbo5560 Senior Member

stangman got it right. thats the same place that i got mine, but that price they have on ebay may be deciving. if you try to buy from them make sure they are put together. because i bought mine from them, but they were just crated up. Thank God, i asked him that they were put together and he was like no, they are crated up. I said, hmm.. i don't want to do that. So i found another dealer that matched there price with the plows put together and this guy matched that with smartlocks. So he matched that price and long story short i got them for $4175 with smartlocks out the door and the plows were put together. The two i got were steel, not sure about the poly. But i know he can make you a good deal, he cussed at me saying i was screwing him over... and i got pi$$ed, but there a huge company don't feel bad. From Holland it's about 4 hours down there. I got there and back for $140 in gas. They only reason i didn't include you guys was becasue my trailer was full with some other things we got. But if you guys are looking as well. I need another 7'6" standard straight ploy blade.
  15. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

There is a dealer close to me that Has the 9.2 XT for $5,050 installed till the end of the month,I think there doing all their blades free install till the end of the month.Im gonna run over saturday and check them out.
  16. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Nice set up! Good luck with your new toy.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Yeah man let us know. If you need to make another trip down there we could take my truck, because then I could pick up mine:D . I am looking to get smartlocks on my plow, and would prefure it put together. All i need is the blade. I have everything else.
  18. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

I have a 7 6 straight steel that came with a new truck last year that really needs to find a new home, in Fennville.
  19. turbo5560

turbo5560 Senior Member

framer... how old is the plow and what do you want for it? Got any pictures?
  20. EricD701

EricD701 Senior Member

Verry nice! Your going to love it.. bring on the snow