1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My New Toy!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by horizon jay, Nov 22, 2014.

1. horizon jay

horizon jay Member

Just received delivery on this guy yesterday. Stainless steel Western MVP 3 8'6".
    Honestly at first I was not impressed. The moldboard is way thinner than Ive ever seen one. (missed the show, bought it online). But after putting it together I am a fan! The new design on the frame of the ultramount 2 looks beefy and durable. & as long as I can change moldboard skins without paying an arm and a leg for them I think I understand why they are designed this way. Anyway, I started yesterday, got P.O'd and had to stop after fighting center pin, finished install today with help from some great people here on plowsite (also loosening center cutting edge's helps, It literally fell right into place)! I'm Super stoked & ready for some snow!! Cheers to all! :drinkup:

Deflectors on the way!

photo 1.jpg

photo 2.jpg

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  2. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Nice rig you have there!

3. horizon jay

horizon jay Member

Thank you very much! Ready to put it to work!

4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Truck looks great. I wouldn't worry about the mold board, the cutting edge does all the work. I have a couple of older MVP plus's and never come close to replacing the mold board.

5. gallihersnow

gallihersnow Senior Member

Nice setup!

6. horizon jay

horizon jay Member

Good to know! These are definitely thinner but if I stay away from chunks of concrete and stick with pushing snow I think I will be fine. Thumbs Up The rib supports are def in the right spots and the entire frame work seems beefier than my 2 yr old pro plus.

Thanks GalliherSnow!
    Im def glad I spent the extra cpl hundred for the stainless. It just looks sharp! I love it!

7. magnatrac

magnatrac PlowSite.com Addict

Nice plow it looks great and the stainless will keep it looking great for years !

8. Polarismalibu

Polarismalibu PlowSite Fanatic

Nice plow! Love the stainless

9. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

That's the plow I'd get if I were in the market (9'6" though)