1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My New(to me) Western

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by HeartlandOKC, Nov 8, 2011.

1. HeartlandOKC

HeartlandOKC Member

This is my second plow but first one I've bought used and pieced together. It's a Western 7'6" Pro Plow. The truck is an '09 F250. Just wanted to get feedback for the future on how well I did related to the price of parts.

Price for all parts:
    Western Pro Plow (complete turnkey package for '07 Chevy 1500) - $2109.69
    Truck Mount - $411.58(probably could have gotten a cheaper used one but I was in a hurry)
    New light harness - $148.49
    New Cutting edge - $130.32
    Sold Chevy Mount - (-$200)
    Mount and Wiring Install - $300

Total - $2900.08

2. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

That's still a good price for that IMO especially going into snow season.
  3. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

You did great!!!
  4. Red_Rattler

Red_Rattler Senior Member

Good find! Needs some wings though....
  5. 07F-250V10

07F-250V10 Senior Member

$3,000 on a used pro plow is good? Damn i did absolutely amazing on my plow.
  6. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Use plows around here must be made of gold. Some idiot on CL wants $5k for a used 8' Curtis. http://raleigh.craigslist.org/pts/2667827815.html

We rarely get anything plowable and the OP from Oklahoma probably doesn't plow much either. It's hard to find a plow around here, so that might be the reason for the higher prices in our areas.

Nice truck and plow, Heartland.
  7. HeartlandOKC

HeartlandOKC Member

What would you consider a good price for an installed Pro Plow in this condition? How much was yours? Like Banksy said, decent used plows in my area are very rare. I went to Kansas to get this one.

Thanks for all the replies.
  8. HeartlandOKC

HeartlandOKC Member

From your post in a different thread.
    If this is the plow you are talking about I fail to see how yours was much cheaper. Mine was $2600 before installation.
  9. 07F-250V10

07F-250V10 Senior Member

My plow is a 8 foot Pro Plus which is way more heavy duty than the regular Pro Plow. I installed it myself since the truck it came off of was exactly like mine. I got all the mounting brackets, isolation module, rubber snow deflector, brand new shoes, plow, and handheld controller. Everything like you would buy it from the factory with no rust at all for $2700
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  10. Stuffdeer

Stuffdeer Senior Member

So where is the amazing deal? You got a plow for 200 less? And if the OP is in Oklahoma, I don't think he'll be pushing a ton of snow...

Edit....I'm sorry, 200.08 less.

And had he installed it himself, it would of saved 300, and been cheaper then yours.

I just sold a mount to a guy who got a 8 ft pro plus for $500, one season old...now that's amazing
  11. 07F-250V10

07F-250V10 Senior Member

7.5 vs. 8ft. and look at the difference between Pro Plus and the regular Pro Plow......really big difference in construction
  12. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Get yourself some wings. 7,5 is a bit too narrow for that truck.
  13. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

Great plow but it's too small for the truck. My 8' 6" MVP plus is too small for the same truck when I have to turn tight.
  14. HeartlandOKC

HeartlandOKC Member

Thanks for the tip. Honestly, I never considered the downside of a narrower plow except pushing less snow. It would make since that the plow should be at least as wide as the truck.
  15. HeartlandOKC

HeartlandOKC Member

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions. I bought some Buyers Pro Wings and mounted them today. The total plow width is 9'3" now. Should be plenty wide.

16. Green Grass

Green Grass PlowSite Fanatic

that should work!!
  17. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping Senior Member

if you dont mind me asking where you got the wings and how much $ they were? I am looking to get some for my western
  18. HeartlandOKC

HeartlandOKC Member

19. Remstar

Remstar Member

I think you got a great deal, I just bought a 8.6 Pro plus new and after shopping around alot I ended up paying 5100. They wanted $1000 for the install, which pretty much every shop quoted, one lowballer quoted at $850....Dam lowballer. I still ended up doing it myself but I would seriously consider paying it next time.

I dont understand how some people on here are saying thier shops only charge $300-$500 to install that thing, Seems like a ridiculouse amount of work for that kind of money. I would pay all day at those rates.