1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

my <new to me > skid steer

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by hatchmastr, Feb 17, 2014.

1. hatchmastr

hatchmastr Senior Member
    from 516

so since we have been getting alot of snow lately and my account are asking me to do stacking i bought a mustang 940, got it with bucket , forks and auger . IMG-20140216-00008.jpg
    pls not i have never used a machine like this before but i know it will help me with alot of my landscaping jobs... i thought i was gunna flip over in the last pic. how much do you guys charge per hour for stacking i told my customer 200 min 3 hours including transport time

IMG-20140216-00008.jpg

IMG-20140216-00009.jpg

IMG-20140216-00010.jpg

IMG-20140216-00006.jpg

2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Not a bad machine to start with. You''ll get used to the feeling of it and pretty soon the feeling of tipping over goes away and only comes back when you're actually about to tip over if you don't stop. The way you've got it there in the last pic is still stable, the rear of the machine would have stopped you from going much further.

As for pricing, I'm sure it depends on the area but for a smaller machine like that you're in the ball park for price I would think.

3. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

No offense but that last picture cracks me up! I can hear you know "OH SH!T". You'll get the hang of it soon enough. One thing we did to our open cab is go to Lowes and buy some maybe 3/16 lexan for the sides, drilled some holes and attached with some stainless steel bolts/nuts and fender washers , they will even cut it how you want it. As far as a door, look on ebay or even on the left hand side of this site, there is a company who sells lexan doors specific for the machine, its much more "enjoyable" when you out of the elements. We also threw a Marudyne (not correct spelling) heater and had it plumbed into the cooling system, now its warm with a hoodie on even in the cold temps. Just be careful until you get a door, when the frozen chunks come flying into the cab it really hurts!

4. Glenn Lawn Care

Glenn Lawn Care Senior Member

Very nice skiddy!

5. NThill93

NThill93 Member

haha that last pic is hilarious.

6. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

Reminds me of my first Bobcat 743. Skids go anywhere from 100 per hourand up by me. Always charge 2 hours on top of what you do for travel, load and un load, and fuel. Looks like a nice machine.

7. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I'd agree with building a cab. Even without a door just having the sides and rear enclosed and a heater will make a huge difference.

Here's the tag from the heater in the 1845C we load salt with. It's positioned on the cover over the engine, keeps the cab plenty warm but your feet will get cold. Mounting it somewhere lower or building some sort of duct work to put some heat down by your feet and you're in business.

[​IMG]

8. hatchmastr

hatchmastr Senior Member
    from 516

i was just out side measuring how im going to fab up a enclosed cab i will keep posted.
    does anyone have pics of how they did theres?

9. hatchmastr

hatchmastr Senior Member
    from 516

is lexan the only material i can use to make the windows and door will i be able to see through it ok? will it fog?

10. TCLandscaping

TCLandscaping Senior Member

Did you get that machine over in Amityville? Looks like an ice set up . Good luck with it

11. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member

Ya know I think I can see your skid in this picture of my truck ;) lol

[​IMG]

12. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I can see through the sides just fine even after a couple years of being on there. I mounted the side lexan to the outside of the cage so it would be easier to wipe down. The stuff from lowes is your best bet, its fairly cheap, they cut it to fit (just give them the dimensions). As far as the door, they use a scratch resistant type lexan, I would just save up and go with one of those. They come with a nice heavy duty locking door handle and a wiper. Mine cost around 600.00 and the sides were around 75 bucks for both sides and hardware.

13. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

Congrats bro, i have the same machine and made a lexan cab for mine. Let me know if you want to check it out

14. hatchmastr

hatchmastr Senior Member
    from 516

i should have geussed u were a plow siter lol. what about a plow site discount on the trailer lol jk .

hey rj do u have any pics.??

15. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member

Lol. I work with Justin.

16. hatchmastr

hatchmastr Senior Member
    from 516

lol o ok i was wondering why it said kyle ...lol
    they got a nice buisness over there def. nice equiptment..

I Started making the cab yesterday i welded a frame out off 1" flat stock and was planing to mount the lexan on that but i cut all 3 sides ok then the bottom f ing cracked there went a 120 dollar bill in the garbage:angry:

17. alldayrj

alldayrj PlowSite.com Addict

I used a table saw with a really fine blade or a jig saw. No pics on my phone sorry.

You need a trailer?
    Is that sport time?

18. hatchmastr

hatchmastr Senior Member
    from 516

I'm looking for one
    no that's down the block from sporttime

19. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

Congrats on your skid. Some sort of protection from the cold will make running it a lot more enjoyable, imo.

20. hatchmastr

hatchmastr Senior Member
    from 516

Thanx I was enjoying using it yesterday till I got stuck I'm my back yard lol I sunk in the lawn what do u guys do when u go on lawn areas is plywood the best bet ?