1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MY new to me lightbar and mount

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by pashtrd, Aug 5, 2008.

1. pashtrd

pashtrd Member

I just picked up an all amber Code3 MX7000 lightbar for my truck. I got it for $75 plus a welding helmet.:) The mount i built at work out of aluminum. What do you guys think?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

looks good, you did an awesome job on that mount :salute:

3. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

That is going to be one bright light bar you got.

4. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

lemme guess water jet cutting .... nice and clean .... i might have you make me one for my dakota ...

5. pashtrd

pashtrd Member

nope, not a waterjet.
    4000W Mitsubishi laser :)

6. groundbreakers

dam ... i know what i want for christmas this year ... i suppose you tig'd the stainless ... i like the contour of the contruction .. good work ..

7. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Wow that looks great. That mount is perfect!

8. pashtrd

pashtrd Member

Yes it was tig'd but not by me. I do not have the ability to tig weld. at least not yet. I had a friend at work weld it for me. BTW it is aluminum not stainless.

9. groundbreakers

just outta curiousity ... i see it dipps in between the tonneau and bed .. did you dill into your bed rails or clamp it ?? and now im done askin questions LOL ...

10. pashtrd

pashtrd Member

I drilled 4 -1/2" holes per side and installed "rivnuts" into the hole. basically a rivit with a 3/8" nut built into it. Since they are blind holes, cant get at the back side. I then bolted it to the bed rails.