1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My New To Me 2002 Chevy 1500

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by mercer_me, May 30, 2011.

1. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Friday I bought a 2002 Chevy 1500 4x4 4.8L reg. cab long box with 66,000 miles on it.

Since I'm going to college this Winter I won't be doing much plowing. So, I think I will just get push plates and wiring and use my Dad's plow. Then when I'm out of college I think I'm going to put a 7.5' Fisher HD MM2 on it. I don't know how long I will keep this truck since, I think I'm going to buy a diesel after I have bean out of college for a few years. So, I mite just use my Dad's plow for as long as I have the truck but, I'm not sure yet.

I bean driving it around quite a bit since I got it Friday. I pulled my Dad's 6'9"x12' utility trailer with my 2004 Arctic Cat 500 and 320lb of lime today and it hauled it great. The 4.8 seams to have plenty of power. I think it will be a good truck to plow with. I like the visibility of the regular cab but I defiantly miss having an extended cab.

I'm going to buy a new grill for it, I want one with the chrome piece instead of the grey plastic peice. I also think I'm going to get a leveling kit and Timbrens for it. I'm also going to look into getting push plates and wiring so I can use my Dad's plow. This Fall I'm putting new tires on it and they will most likely be General Graber AT2s.

Hear are a few pictures of it that I took. I will post more pictures after I get accessories for it.

Last edited: May 30, 2011
  2. mercer_me

Last edited: May 30, 2011
  3. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Nice looking truck. Thats really low mileage for an 02.. Thumbs Up
  4. mercer_me

Thanks. I reay wanted a 2003 or newer but, I couldn't pass up this truck becouse it had such low miles.
  5. Shaw

Shaw Member

Very nice and clean truck. Hope its good to you
  6. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Looks really clean. Congrats!
  7. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

8. mercer_me

Thanks guys.

I forgot to mention earlier that it has a Flowmaster muffler, tail pipe and tip.

I have never bean a tool box guy but, since it's not an extended cab I have bean think about buying a tool box for extra storage. I'm also thinkng about a tool box with a built in fuel tank if it isn't to expensive. Both caps and tonue covers are out of the question since I'm putting a head ache rack on it. Any sugestions for a good tool box that won't be very expensive?
  9. Squires

Squires Senior Member

10. Willman940

Willman940 Senior Member

I'd recommend going with the fully chrome grill off a tahoe or suburban, looks a lot better.

11. mercer_me

That is a wicked nice tonneau cover but, it's ALOT more than I want to spend.

Thanks for the info on the Tahoe and Suburban grills. I will definatly look into them.
  12. mercer_me

Since my first fill up was on Hights I went untill my gas light came on. This is how much it cost to fill my truck:

13. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

I disagree, keep it flat grey looks much better. Good luck with it.
  14. mercer_me

Thanks, I think I will have good luck with it since it only has 66,000 miles. I realy hate that grey. I don't think I will get an all chrome grill but, I do want one with a chrome peice instead of the grey piece.
  15. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Nice looking truck.
  16. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

go to a tractor supply store, i went to farm and fleet for a box and dropped 160 new with keys. i saw a deep ass one for like 180. dont even wast you time on a weather gaurd unless you have 700 to drop.
  17. mercer_me

That's what I was thinking about doing. I'm going to hold off on buying a tool box right now becouse I need to build a head ach rack and put a new grill in. But, by this Fall I will buy a tool box.
  18. mercer_me

Just bought the steel for my head ache rack, it cost me $106. I still need to buy paint and back up lights for it. Then it will be another $20 for using my cousin's garage and welder, wich is a realy good deal. I figure it will take around 8 hours to build it. I can't wait to get it done.
  19. Yooper75

Yooper75 Senior Member

Good looking truck. Why not take the grill to a body shop and see what it would cost to paint it to match the truck like the Z71 Subs/Tahoes or rattle can it? Just take your time on the prep work and priming/painting and it will turn out really nice.
  20. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Nice clean truck you purchased. Might want to make sure that the college you are attending offers a 3rd grade spelling course though Thumbs Up