1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My "new to me" 08 F250 and new 8'0" Western Pro

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 66 BADBOY, Nov 15, 2010.

1. 66 BADBOY

66 BADBOY Member

Got the truck 10 days ago, and installed the plow last weekend. Before this, I had an 89 Dodge with 160K miles on it with a 7'6" Meyer on it. Took the truck to the graveyard and sold the plow, and used that money towards my new plow. Landed a great deal on the Western....found a guy on Craigslist that won an open house prize (new plow) at a local dealer. But the guy didn't need the plow, so he sold his shop credit to me at a lower price than what it was worth. Saved about $800 on the plow, and saved $400 by installing it myself. I think the best part about installing it myself is that I know every detail about the plow parts now. Plus I think I did a pretty decent job of hiding the wires and making the relay and module accessible. I CANNOT WAIT to see she does for me this winter compared the Dodge.

Next week I'll be putting on an Access Lorado tonneau cover and Ford cab clearance lights.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Fatality

Fatality Senior Member

Truck and plow look great! Awesome job!

3. docsgmc

docsgmc Senior Member

very nice:drinkup:

4. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

Very nice, It could only be better with a BOSS !!!! and a 9.2V at that !!!!

5. 66 BADBOY

66 BADBOY Member

Boss was my first pick. I liked the "no chain" setup for the ease on the truck during transport, but then I realized I'm not going to be transporting the plow anywhere. This is strictly for personal use on my 200ft long driveway and my parents house down the street. After researching Western a bit more, I was sold on the their removable brackets, back blade option, and their simple mechanical attachment. PLUS when I found the deal on Craigslist (it was at a Western only dealer), I couldn't pass it up.

6. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Definitely. That Western will be overkill for you. They still make a fairly decent straight blade and with as little use as it will get, your biggest enemy will be rust and corrosion.

7. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

That is a nice setup! Hope you enjoy it. Nice to see you chose Western. They truly make great plows.

8. TSherman

TSherman Member

Fairly decent, LOL. I love it!

9. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

now you need to get some decient tires.

10. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

Just spray that thing down with fluid film a couple of times during the season, take it off and store it inside year around and that thing is going to stay in great shape for years. My buddy has the same blade and he does a lot of plowing but he does what I stated and I dont think that thing is ever going to rust. Enjoy the new ride.:salute:

11. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

hey im from cleveland too where have you found is the cheapest place to get fluid film around here?

12. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

ebay with free shipping

13. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

good lookin truck

14. asps4u

asps4u Senior Member

Very nice looking truck you've got there. I hope she treats you well.

15. KMBertog

KMBertog PlowSite.com Addict

16. 66 BADBOY

66 BADBOY Member

Thanks guys!!

As for the rust....yes, it will be stored indoors all year round. Fluid Film was an option I've read a little bit about a while back....great idea. Gonna look into that one some more. My driveway is about 30ft wide, 200ft long, and is on the end of a cul-de-sac, so I have a lot of street snow to move....which is why I wanted a beefy plow. Looking to last a while.

The main reason I didn't go poly is because I couldn't add the back drag to it (only offered for the steel plows). Funny how it worked out though, I don't even have my back drag edge yet. I ran tight on money after everything was bought and backed down from it. Gotta get that in the next two weeks.