1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

my new to me 03 f30 and brand new gooseneck trailer

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by payton, Jul 3, 2007.

1. payton

payton Senior Member

so im gonna get into running a select amount of hot shot loads. some top end cars. and a few specialty vehicles
    so i picked up a new trailer yestarday heres a few pics of the truck trailer
    2003 f350 cc sb. fx4 6.0 auto guages. bullydog programer bw flip over goose neck airride airbags coming
    2007 pj 35+5 gooseneck. 24 gvw

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. payton

payton Senior Member

3. snowman2025

snowman2025 Senior Member

one warning i have is that if your gonna be running cars, better find a different way for ramps. due to the crest on the dovetail some cars might rub.

other than that, great looking truck and trailer. and if you need another runner with ya i'm up for it, gotta 350 dually with a 28' flat goosneck.

4. payton

payton Senior Member

yeah i know what your saying bout the ramps. but if ya use a couple 1x10s or 2x10s bout 10ft long you can ease the brake over point on the dove. been there done that.

ill keep ya in mind. might have a need for some help.

payton

5. M&M Services

M&M Services Senior Member
    from midwest

truck looks sweet!! nice trailer to, cant go wrong with a ford

6. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

im not gonna lie i like that truck you have for sale better.

7. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

nice truck we have a 03 just like that only with the 7.3 should last a long time

8. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

That is a nice set up you have there. Good luck with it. My uncle just had a car delivered on a similar set up.

9. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Nice setup. That trailer is really nice.

10. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Nice set-up but for a trailer that large, I would have opted for a dually. Good luck with it.

11. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

now thats a trailer

12. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Not to bust on your truck or anything. But that trailer really needs a dually towing it. You can very easly over load the truck with just 2 cars. Thats a very big trailer. DOT might give ya some problems with it. I hope you have your class A CDLs.

13. payton

payton Senior Member

yes a dually would be nice but i honestly dont like duallys. the srw will handle the trailer just fine. if it comes to a point where i need adually then ill look for adually but right now i honestly dont want a dually. with bags the srw will handle the trailer and weight just fine.

cdl class a umm check

14. snowman2025

on my 28' flat bed, i had a 350 srw on the trailer and i hauled our 18,000lb backhoe on it weekly. plus my trailer weighs 7500lb on its own. he won't overload it with 2 cars. it will run just fine. also i didn't have bags on this truck either.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 4, 2007
  15. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Those are some very impressive truck/trailer setups there!! awesome

16. itsgottobegreen

Hate to say it. But you all out of your minds. I only tow 10,000lbs behind my F-350 dually dump. My 773G tosses my truck all around. I would only attempt really towing back hoe on a 24k lb gooseneck if I was using a F-450 or larger flat bed. Somewhere on the internet there is a guy in FL towing a D-3 behind a Chevy 2500HD with the DOT giving him a huge ticket for the combo. A single rear wheel just doesn't have the stopping power if you lost the brakes on the trailer. Sorry I will get off my soapbox now.

17. snowman2025

maybe DOT rules are different in MD than here in indiana. i put 16,000 lb plates on both my truck and trailer. one plate for my truck/trailer combo coming in at approx 15,000 and the other plate for what ever is on the trailer. i haven't had any DOT problems yet.

I do have a f-350 dually now that i use as my 99 7.3L in those pictures was getting close to 300,000 miles. I do agree a dually is better, but all i'm saying is a SRW will do the same job.

what kind of trailer are you using when you say that your bobcat throws your truck around? i would suggest that something is not trailing right, maybe your axles on the trailer are out of alignment. something that small should not be able to throw your 8,500 lb truck around.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2007
  18. itsgottobegreen

Well I have had several trailers. The current one is a 6 month old. But all with throw the truck around. No matter where you put the bobcat on the trailer.

I know you get better trailering with a goose neck vs a bumper pull. But I still would not feel safe towing a backhoe around with a single rear wheel. Now my shop's landlord has a 06 Dodge 3500 dually and a 14K gooseneck. The gooseneck with his farm tractor on it just about maxes out the trailer. He saids its just on the edge of feeling safe for him to pull. He only moves it when its about to snow because he plows for me. He tows a cow gooseneck everyday. So he does a lot of towing.

19. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

Thats because he has a Dodge. :rolleyes:
    Just kidding. You guys have nice looking setups.

20. Wiseguyinc

Wiseguyinc Member
    from MN

Those are nice trailers. I like how the sticker on them saysreal big,built the american way..then you look closer and they are made in mexico.Tricky hahatymusic