1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My New Tacoma With a Western, Tell me what you think?? It's fully customized..

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ghosttridder, Jan 25, 2006.

1. ghosttridder

ghosttridder Member

Here is My 2005 TACOMA access cab; this is a Western Suburbanite, installed customized are the marker lights, and strobe lights in all four lights, head lights and tail lights, more brighter than any cop or fire engine lights, 80 Watts. Tell me what you guys think?
    [​IMG]

2. Winter Land Man

Winter Land Man Senior Member

Nice truck. Plow lights are a little low, they look equal or lower than the regular headlights. But other than that, nice!

3. ghosttridder

ghosttridder Member

yeah i know, the plow isn't all that huge when compared to the professional plows, i guess they only make 7'4" suburbanites for trucks like the tacoma that i have. So the blade is not high in height, therefore the lights are a little low. After i'm through with this truck, and if i have enough doe, i'll probably look into investing into a ford heavy duty diesel, and put a pro plow on. But as for now, the plow that I have only works with small congested areas, like small strip malls, small courts, and lots.. i haven't made much money off of plowing just yet though.

4. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Looks great you got the power for this rig and its what i do (tight places) so you just need spreader or do you got one the real money is chemicals..psyou might wana get a linner for the blade they work great..

5. ghosttridder

ghosttridder Member

actually i do have a spreader, i think it holds 500 pounds of salt, but since i don't have many accounts, i detached it for now. whats a linner, what's it do??

6. PLANET

PLANET Member

I just got my 06 Taco Sport, x cab, 4x4, v6, a/t, Red, All Advertised up with lettering, WOW Luv it. No plow, Its just for payup Estimating payup and to wheel around(Boss truck).

7. fernalddude

Last edited: Jan 25, 2006
  8. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

Great looking set up on a VERY capable truck. I'm actually considering the Tundra if they get into the HD market. You just can't beat a Toyota. Case closed.

BTW, I'm glad you posted some pics. I wondered what that setup would look like. But like I said, sharp rig.

9. fernalddude

here is a pic of liner

small skin.jpg

10. ghosttridder

ghosttridder Member

hey thanks for posting the liner information, it's really neat and i'll look into getting it..

11. ghosttridder

ghosttridder Member

thanks man, i appreciate that. Yeah I purchased the truck, and one of the biggest reasons was that it was a toyota. when i first got the truck, i took it to the shop and i tried to put a boss blade on it, but they told me that boss doesn't make plows for the tacoma so, i guess they searched and selected the western one. And i'll tell you, i've plowed on more than a few occasions and it does work. It also says not to go past 45 mph while transporting the blade, but i've done like 90 lol. It says not to plow more than 10 mph, and i've plowed it 25 to 30 mph.. so i pushed the limit, and it worked very well.
    When I first went to the dealership to get the Tacoma, I wasn't expecting the new body styling, i thought they looked like the older versions, and i was like impressed.. i just had to get it over the tundra, but i hear they are re-doing the tundra also :D i'll have to look into that, i'm very exited about that because in the near future, i wanna get a heavy duty truck with a pro plow..

12. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

P.S.

Don't get me wrong, the Tacoma can take a serious beating and still run with the best of them. I would consider the Tacoma, myself, it's just the bed is a little small for what I use my truck for the rest of the year.

So, I really need a BIG bed. But, like I said earlier, I'd really like to see how they develop the Tundra into a HD truck and if I think it'll fit the bill, I'll go for it.

But definately, your Tacoma looks killer and I know it'll last you a good while. Happy pushing.:salute:

13. dj&sonplowing

dj&sonplowing Member

nice lookin rig there ghost,, im thinkin of puttin a western suburinaite on my tundra next year? i know there not made for commercial use put just for my own yard and to play around with,, they only weigh 250 lbs, with the v8 ive got plenty of power , good luck with it:cool:

14. ghosttridder

ghosttridder Member

dude, if you have a tundra, why not just go with the commercial one? your better off with the pro style type plow that the poly

15. dj&sonplowing

dj&sonplowing Member

No , i dont want to carrry that much weitght on the front end. the suburbanite is made for the tundra and smaller trucks. the pro plow is very heavy,i have one on my 3/4 ton chev, they tip the scale at 1000lbs 8 foot contractor grade , no i dont want the weight that little one is just fine:cool:

16. ghosttridder

ghosttridder Member

so, what are you going to do with the suburbanite plow? i mean like what are you going to use it for?

For me I'm using it for Plowing commercially, and it works. The best part about it is that it's so light, it doesn't break or bend easily and it costs cheaper, and i can get around corners those big heavy duty plows can't.

17. ghosttridder

ghosttridder Member

here's some more pics for ya'll.. all washed up..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. tcalb2

tcalb2 Junior Member

I have an 05 tacoma reg cab and I was looking into a setup like yours. I'm between fisher, western and curtis. How much did your western cost?

19. gmcsierra1500

gmcsierra1500 Senior Member
    from CT

Clearance Lights

Did you do the clearance lights yourself or have someone do them for you? if you did how hard were they to install and where did you purchase them from.

20. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

I was wondering the same thing.

I dont think they came like that from the factory did they?