1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My new snowblower

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Mike Paulsen, Dec 15, 2001.

1. Mike Paulsen

Mike Paulsen Junior Member

My new snowblower finally came a couple days ago. It's a Snapper 22 hp traction unit with a RAD 40" blower. Had snow hog tires put on it . Very nice unit .I will post on it as I get to use it more. Used it yesterday on 3" of really wet snow and all I can say is WOW.

2. WHITE=GREEN

WHITE=GREEN Senior Member

mike,
    is this a walkbehind snowblower? never knew anyone made one bigger that about 11 or 12 hp. bet that thing will kick a$$ in a heavy snow. lets see them pics.

3. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns PlowSite.com Veteran

My WB RAD snowblowers are 46" wide.

- just curious why you went with the narrower width, or is that all they offered?

4. Mike Paulsen

White=Green it is a walk behind mower with a blower in place of the deck. If I had a camera I would post a pic.

Kents Lawns, that's all that they offered. Do you have an electric turn for your chute. Seems like it would be a big plus. Have you modified your set up at all? Thanks for any help.

5. Kent Lawns

Yeah, we modified them.

They have electric deflectors as well.

6. Mike Paulsen

What traction unit are you using? Did you mount the the control toggle switch on the steering controls? Used my today again and what a difference over residential snowblowers. Wish I would have bought one years ago.

7. Kent Lawns

Our are mounted on eXmark turf tracers.

The chute controls are on thumb operated toggles right by each steering lever.

8. 4 Saisons

4 Saisons Senior Member

How is traction with the Rad attachment....

and with the walk behind, is it hard to drive.

I have 2 White 13hp 45 inches, But if we can ride on and get a cab, job will be more friendly.

So opinion your will be valuable.

Looks like thats the right tool for me

9. Mike Paulsen

It was pulling me (6'2' and 200lb) with boots on , down the road yesterday . I would think something like a pro slide would work out really well. It is not any harder to drive than mowing grass.

Kent Lawns did you have to make the electric controls for the chute or did you take them off another blower?

10. Toby

Toby Senior Member
    from NY

OK, I dug this one up from the archives.

Kent Lawns if you're still around can you post a pic of your electric spout & discharge set-up. I had the dealer install a manual operator controlled spout but he said an electric would be to slooooow.

rad.jpg

11. 4 Saisons

4 Saisons Senior Member

Toby

Did you get the chance to try it... Great looking for a blower.

what kind of blower did you have before?

What kind of work do you do with this? Sidewalk or residential driveway, did you try it in wet snow or throught a big barrier?

12. Toby

Toby Senior Member
    from NY

Works great 4Saisons. Dual hydraulics on the walk gives it instant reverse, & incredible manuverability. Good traction with Snow Hogs.

As far as throwing, haven't used them on anything over 8cm yet but I see no reason they wont blow as well as or better than the designated blowers.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2003