1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by TLS, Mar 4, 2004.

1. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

It's been 14 years and 5 months since I've treated myself to a "NEW" truck.

Amazing how far trucks have come over the years.

It's a 2004 GMC Sierra 2500HD with the 6 Liter and Automatic.

Also have a new BOSS 9'2" Steel V on order. That'll be my drought (July/August) season project to install.

Got a lot of things to do to it before mowing starts.

Spray-in Bedliner (Any suggestions?)
    Trailer brake controller
    Running boards
    Bed rail protection (Any suggestions?) Want to have them match the black tailgate protector.

2. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Another one for ya's....

3. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

This thing is like a little Hot Rod. Real zippy when ya need to scoot! And me being used to an extended cab all those years, this is like driving a Honda when it comes to turning circle! Close to 10' SHORTER turning circle!

4. dluckett

dluckett Junior Member
    from SW Ohio

My suggestions are for the liner is to go with Line-X or Rhino liner and as for the bed rails they will spray the rails on too if you want...
  5. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah, it's definately between those two. The nearest shops for either are over a 1/2 hour drive away (1) and others are more than an hour drive on a "good" day.

As for over the edge.....I'd rather have either a metal (diamond plate) or Plastic hard rail cover. Something that can take a shovel handle without denting the sheetmetal of the bed.

Anyone have pics of a sprayed on over the rail?
  6. dluckett

dluckett Junior Member
    from SW Ohio

Almost forgot ..... Good lookin truck and I think you'll be very happy with the Vee plow. I love mine..
  7. snowbiter

snowbiter Member

Congradulations on the new truck TLS its lookin pretty sharp! I had my last truck for 16yrs so I know how you feel.:nod: It was time!
  8. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

Thanks for the compliments guys!

My Mother and Girlfriend both though that the tires are too small. I kinda agree, but these will have to do for the Summer. Sure will make it "easier" to convince when I go for bigger tires later! ;)
  9. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Good looking truck.:nod: Will that handle the 9.2 V though? I also have the Rhino Liner and love it.:waving:
  10. Boast Enterpris

Boast Enterpris Senior Member

Good Looking Ride:waving: I think that if you keep your trucks that long, definatley go with the spray in liner. I have had those aluminum diamond plate bed caps before and really liked them. They will look sharp with your truck's color. Like you said those tires will be fine for the summer and get some bigger and more agressive ones for the winter.:)
  11. TLS

TLS PlowSite.com Addict

I know it will. BOSS know's it will. GM.... Who cares! :confused: Thanks for your concern though.

I've plowed long enough with my 8.2 BOSS V to know that even in DEEP heavy snow, a 9.2 V-Plow is MUCH easier to push than say an 8' straight blade.

And it's not much heavier than the 8.2. My front end is physically the same as a 1 Ton Dump (which is recommended by BOSS and GM to allow the 9.2) plus, I also have a higher payload capacity.

I always have at least 1500lbs of salt in the bed at all times.

I have over 115K miles on the '90 and its an Ext. Cab and only replaced the idler arm twice in almost 15 years.
  12. Tom Smith

Tom Smith Senior Member
    from IL

tires do make the truck look a little wimpy.. upgrade when u can
  13. crashz

crashz Senior Member

Beautiful rig TLS! I'm jealous!
  14. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Nice Truck !! The few extras you suggested will come in handy.
  15. chadh

chadh Junior Member
    from pa

Nice truck! almost looks like mine. For your bed rails, i would recomend the ones made by WADE. you can get them with ot without stake pockets and they have 3 differnt types of textures. i know cabelas sells them but any local truck acessory dealer should be able to get them for you, hope this helps
  16. pelt35

pelt35 Senior Member

new truck acc.

Nice truck, I got a 2004 F-150 that I put a Sno-way on and I like it great for the little pllowing that I do. as far as a bed-liner goes, my dealer sent my truck out to Line-X for a spray in liner , he just charged me his cost for buying the truck from him. $300.00 . 6.5 box. they came 60 miles to pick it up and returned it the same day , it looks great and I have already given it some abuse and it holds up well. check out tonnocover.com for nice accessories. I opted to go with factory running boards that don't have a gap between them and the bottom of the truck like some of those tube styles. Ice and snow buildup in that area can sometimes extend out to the tube and become quite slippery. hope this helpa a little, Pelt35
  17. pavemaster

pavemaster Junior Member

go with line-x I HAD rino liner in a truck and it peeled up in 6 months
  18. parrothead

parrothead Senior Member

ditto with the line-x, i've got a rhino liner and dont like it, it peels up way too easy, especially if you have to push something with a sharp corner.