1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

my new rig...

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Beater_K20, Dec 2, 2007.

1. Beater_K20

Beater_K20 Member

here's my new workhorse. she needs a little TLC before snow flies, but im pretty sure we'll be able to handle that tomorrow.

1980 GMC K20
    pre-80 small block (non original, unknown displacement as of yet, supposedly from a school bus)
    SM465 and an NP203
    Corprate 10 bolt front, 14 bolt rear.
    and a nice kooshy front seat that came from the factory in my high school ride, a 1982 C10 :D (sold it to the owner before the guy i bought it from)
  2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Looks like a stout, clean rig. I had two of them before, an 82 with a cammed 350 SM465 and the 203 with a western. That thing was a tank till I used it for mudding instead. I also had a 84 K20 with a 355 V8 TH400 auto and a Np208 transfer case with a Meyer 8 footer. I loved that truck, I restored it when I was 14. What kind of plow you putting on that?
  3. Beater_K20

Beater_K20 Member

im putting the old reliable Western standard off of my 77 on it. any tips on plowing with the 465?
  4. Beater_K20

Beater_K20 Member

bought the truck from a guy who i used to work with, and it has been owned by 2 other guys in the shop. so i didnt really question its history... i knew it was a good running truck, and im used to a 203, so i didnt much care. crawled under it today while playing with the fuel lines and got a little surprise. my "203" isnt a 203 at all, though the guy i bought it from swears it is. its a slip yoke 205. i have 2wd, and a transfer case without a chain. :D