1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My new rig

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by jkrezdorn, Jan 12, 2016.

1. jkrezdorn

jkrezdorn Member

2. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

Holy crap, that thing looks huge! Nice though

3. Oxmow

Oxmow Senior Member

Has anybody ever said it looks like a Wideout ???

4. jkrezdorn

jkrezdorn Member

It feels huge. Had an 810 blizzard for over 10 years with only one problem last year. The plow was too heavy for truck and the cylinder bracket that raised the plow scrapped the ground when I would hit a bump. I got used to the same spots and knew how to handle it. Bracket rubbed down so far that cylinder pin broke through. This did not bottom out at any of the spots my old rig did. Supposed to get 1" of flurries today as our first snow. I am not even going to mount it.

5. SnowFakers

SnowFakers Senior Member
    from CT

What is the weight compared to the blizzard? Obviously on two different trucks so hard to compare?

6. jkrezdorn

jkrezdorn Member

I think it's about 100 lbs heavier. 1038 lbs according to website. If I'm not mistaken Blizzard was 900 something lbs

7. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

nice setup

8. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

How big is it? Looks about 12 foot.

9. jkrezdorn

jkrezdorn Member

It is 8'6" to 11'. I liked the Blizzard 8 to 10. I thought go big or go home. I only plow our Storage Facility, Daughters drive and my Drive. It does look huge, but some of it is the way the photo was snapped.

I hate to say it but I hate when it snows. Everyone thinks just because I have a plow I would love it. I always say that every time it snows it cost me money. Gas , tires, maintenance and my time all add up over time. But I have decided I am going to plow in luxury if I have to do it.

10. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Looks like a nice plow. The only reason I wouldn't buy it is because of its color. Grey or black, or even stainless plows are difficult to see , vs a big red, yellow or orange hulk on the front of a working truck. Lots of idiots on the road now a days and anything to make myself visible is a plus

11. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

Nice setup, I've never seen a snowex like that. 11' of plow is nice.

12. jonniesmooth

jonniesmooth Senior Member

I'm going to look into one of those for my 1 ton!

13. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

I agree. Sometimes it just doesn't matter size, color, strobe, led, etc.. People just don't care.

14. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

I disagree. They care about texting, drinking coffee, and smoking cigarettes all at the same time:help:

While driving....

15. DieselSlug

DieselSlug PlowSite.com Addict

That 11' will definitely be nice in your storage lot.

16. CityGuy

CityGuy PlowSite Fanatic

I drive a big orange truck with lots of flashing lights and 2 Very visible plows and they still don't seem to see me. People are just not paying attention.

Someday I hope the technology is available that cell phones will not work when a vehicle is in motion.

17. jkrezdorn

jkrezdorn Member

I have always said that texting should be disabled when vehicle in motion. Only issue would be passengers. The summer before last we did a cross country motorcycle trip and I bet 90% of the cages we passed the Passenger was looking at a phone.

18. jkrezdorn

jkrezdorn Member

I think you can get the same plow in Blizzard white. Might even be a few bucks cheaper.

19. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

So,

How many nickels did it take to put that in your driveway, if you don't mind me asking ?

20. jkrezdorn

jkrezdorn Member

130,000 lol