1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

my new ride

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by jrm123180, Dec 22, 2004.

1. jrm123180

jrm123180 Senior Member

Here's my new ride. This is only the dealer photo, I'll post some pics with the plow an all after I get it all cleaned.

Steve

PS it's a 2000, 1500 Silverado extended cab w/ a 4.8L

b5bc2bfc4046381c0163de4ef6e035de.jpg

2. dieselman

dieselman Junior Member

nice truck steve!

Last edited: Dec 22, 2004
  3. jrm123180

jrm123180 Senior Member

anyone have any ideas on some modifications I should make for the plow? It's for a 7'6" fisher. I do need to turn up the torsion bars. Is this an easy thing to do?

4. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

yes, 5 thiings you should do.....

1) TIMBRENS!

2) TIMBRENS!!

3) TIMBRENS!!!

4) TIMBRENS!!!!

5) And then....Go get a set of TIMBRENS!!!!!!

5. gpin

gpin Senior Member

It's a nice truck, but as a redneck lowlife, I'm more attracted to the round eye chevy pickup with the plow.

6. acs powerwash

acs powerwash Junior Member

Timbrens???

We just had our front end shop "tweak up" two of our Chevy 2500 PU. What he did was on the front end he turned up the torsion bars on the gas truck and for the diesel he installed heavy duty or larger torsion bars.

For your 1500 go to either a suspension shop or an alignment shop and have them install torsion bars for a 2500 on your 1500 you will notice a huge change in the truck when you have the plow on and also you won't have the typical "Chevy" front end sag.

7. gearhead

gearhead Member
    from ind.

it would be a lot cheaper to just put timbrens on and they work great!

8. acs powerwash

acs powerwash Junior Member

Timbrens???

From what I have been told is that it might be cheaper to add Timbrens but it is better for the front end to work with the torsion bars.

Brian

9. jrm123180

jrm123180 Senior Member

I'll have to look into that...I think my 79 k10 handled the plow much better....this is much more comfy to sit in all day and night though.

Thanks