1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My New Ride!!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by JCI Trans, Sep 29, 2010.

1. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

Picked it up on monday, It's an 06 chevy 2500hd duramax/allison with 37k on it. I wasnt really in the market for a new truck, but i couldnt pass it up for the price. I got it totally stock, and have since swapped the timbrens, tires, backrack, and toolbox from the old truck. I will be swapping the plow next week. I am very impressed with the power of this thing, wayy more power than my 6.0 gasser. The old truck is an 02 2500hd 6.0 with 109k on it, and in excellent shape all around. Hopefully i can sell the old one fairly quickly, we'll see what happens. What are you guys doing for service intervals on these motors? 5k on the oil or sooner? I will most likely be using mobil delvac when the next oil change comes around.

truck1.jpg

truck3.jpg

truck4.jpg

truck2.jpg

2. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

howmuch are you going to be asking for your old truck?

3. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

I just finished returning it to stock today, and was planning on listing it starting at 11k and seeing where that went. Theres a bunch of extras that will go with it. It has aftermarket heated towing mirrors with running lights, a 6 pack whelen hideaway kit, tonneau cover that fits with a toolbox in the bed, and a few other things that i cant think of right now. The truck does have the factory plow prep package and i have the mechanics service records with the exception of the oil changes, because i did them myself, along with other routine maintenance. The truck runs and drives flawlessley and needs no mechanical work.

4. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

I would change the oil every 5k. Since you just bought it I would do a trans/tcase service and change the diff fluid, but I get a little excessive when I buy a used truck.
    Robert

5. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

I will be doing all that next week, I put amsoil 75w-140 in the diffs and the gm blue t-case fluid in my old truck, and plan to do the same with this one. I just have to check and see which fluid this T-case takes.

6. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Very nice truck. You don't se many crew cabs with 8' bodys around. FYI you need to change your signiture.

7. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

hey jci you wouldnt happen to have any pictures of the back rack and tool box would you? my box is sittl really high and is blocking half my window and havent found some one with a similar rac and box yet.

8. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

Mercer: The long box will be nice. My last 2 trucks wers short beds, and i was always needing that little extra. I'll change the sig soon, too busy playing with my new toy!! Boss, I attached a pic of the rack and box, it pretty much renders the rear window useless, but i've gotten used to it. I also attached a pic of the lightbar i just finished installing, its an interior bar for my fire dept. It tucks up nice and tight to the headliner and looks pretty sweet. I had it on my car, but i'm going to sell that too so i swapped it.

truck5.jpg

truck6.jpg

9. XxChevy-HDxX

XxChevy-HDxX Senior Member
    from Mass

What size tires do you have?

10. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

I swapped the 245/75/16 that came with the truck with my 265/75 16 BF's that you see in the pic. I have had those tires on every truck i have owned, and have no cpomplaints at all.

11. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

Looking good! Is it an LLY or LBZ? I assume LBZ, but there were a few LLY's in '06. I have the same powertrain in mine (with the 6 speed allison)... it is a BEAST! I towed 14K lbs with it last weekend- felt like nothing was even back there!

Do you plow lots? That truck is loooong- would hate to do tight drives with it!

12. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

I have to check on the engine code. I love the 6 speed, it has the double overdrive 6th gear and manual shift option too. I like how it downshifts as you slow down, i feel like i use half of the braking effort needed in my old truck, and that would stop on a dime. I plow roads for my town, so the length isn't an issue. Lots would be a b%&$h tho!!!!!!

13. snorider075

snorider075 Senior Member

JCI is that a strobe or led light bar? how bad does it reflect back into the cab at night? Sharp looking ride you will def enjoy a diesel truck!

14. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

It's an LED bar, i had it in my car which had a very steeply sloped windshield, and i did get some reflection off the window. I just put it in the truck today, so i'll try it tonight and see. I'm very close to the fd, so it's not too bad to drive with it for a few minutes.

15. snorider075

would you not use one for plowing purposes?

16. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

Its blue only, which around here is for volunteer firefighters. I would not get one in amber to plow with, it would get really annoying really quickly. I plan on putting some amber LED's in the grille and possibly some amber/ blue split LED's on the running boards, i'll see what happens when the time comes. I've also thought about an arrowstick inside the rear window. The old truck had an amber whelen edge bar, but i think i want to keep this one looking a little cleaner on the outside.

17. ross3031

ross3031 Senior Member

If you think it has power now, put an intake, exhaust, and tuner on and you'll be BLOWN away!!!

18. JCI Trans

JCI Trans Senior Member

I'm sure i'll upgrade it soon, i just keep telling myself that i need to sell the one first!!!!

19. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

I would not touch the intake with crappy filters if u value ur engine. Stock paper filters flow more then u need, and trap more dirt then the other junk ones that flow better. Do a search its been covered.

20. snorider075

ross3031 that is one sexy truck! even the wifey likes it. haha. Jci what you gonna do with light bar?