1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My new reskin

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Michaelzz28, Oct 31, 2011.

1. Michaelzz28

Michaelzz28 Member
    from Ohio

What do you think did all the work myseld took 3 days of off and on work

100_0837.jpg

100_0839.jpg

Last edited: Oct 31, 2011
  2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

Looks like new

3. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

Looks good, lot of work I know, just took mine apart and repainted it. What did you use for paint? Did you prime it?
    I painted the back of mine flat black to help cut down on glare.

4. Michaelzz28

Michaelzz28 Member
    from Ohio

Paint

I used meyers snowflow paint and yes I primed it with some epoxy primer first!:mechanic:

Painting it flat black on the back is a good Idea as long as you use a decent paint I never seem to get glare that I ever noticed maybe it depends on the type truck you use with it!.

It really was not that bad on the work side of it I suspect I only had about a total of 10 hours doing it and I had to make forms to push the flat sheet into the shape of the arc it had and then flip it over and weld it in place actually it was quite enjoyable after I got the old skin off and the frame of it cleaned up and primed and painted as well as the 11 gouge sheet on the rear before I weled it in place I also drilled the ribs at the top and filled the ribs with a epoxy after I had it a welded up figured that way no moisture can get in the ribs to rust it out again!

only had about 200 in doing all of this which is way cheaper than a new moldboard.
    ussmileyflag

5. Michaelzz28

Michaelzz28 Member
    from Ohio

oh and notice the pivot pins the both have handles, I been using the 7/8 TSC hitch pin 6 7/8 inch long for the past 4 years with no problems I pull them out at least once a year and never sized them never broke any since I started using the hitch pin in the past broke several meyer pivots in less than a year on some of them!

6. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

I did notice the pins. So they have a clip on the other end to hold them in place?

7. IDOCTORTREES

IDOCTORTREES Senior Member
    from MONTANA

Wow nice job :salute:

8. Michaelzz28

Michaelzz28 Member
    from Ohio

No I drill 1/4" holes to line up with the pivot tube holes really is not hard with a good bit! plus the shoulder on the pins hold the grease in I add a oring to them before I insert them and it seals up the exposed end

9. Fourtrax250R

Fourtrax250R Senior Member

looks fantastic!!! i would take that rubber cover off that e-60 unit, does more damage than good. it holds moisture under there.

10. Michaelzz28

Michaelzz28 Member
    from Ohio

that is my next projec reseal the e60 it leaks a little and repaint it as well I pulled the cover right after doing the picture pump still looks like new under there!

11. Michaelzz28

Michaelzz28 Member
    from Ohio

that and I am going to made a air wing to go on the lift arm to direct more air into the grile area whe running with the plow up do not have a proble when I do but the temp does go up a little after awhile