1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My new purchase ( well not new new)

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by TPC Services, Nov 17, 2008.

1. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

Here's my newest purchase 1992 Ford L8000 Diesel,4-6 yard dump e/ tailgate spreader, ( the dump can handle 8-10 with side boards easy the ram is huge on it)
    well it's not new new but new for me and in really good shape will repaint after this season, not for sure just yet depends on if people pay more attachen because itsan old state truck and during winter people where affread to pass (LOL)

trucks and spreaders 018.jpg

trucks and spreaders 021.jpg

trucks and spreaders 018.jpg

trucks and spreaders 021.jpg

Last edited: Nov 17, 2008
  2. lumps

lumps Senior Member

Nice truck, similar setup to the one I just got. Good luck with it!

3. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

What kind of plow and wing did it come with? Looks to be an old Henke or Monroe plow with a mechanical trip.

4. TPC Services

Old Monroe 11' mech trip same with tail gate spreader & wing. dump body is Heil an is in really good shape for being a tailgate spreader most old truck dump bodies are rusted threw the only bad part on it is the tailgate but it will last for this year will tack a piece of 12 gage metal over it for now. Bought it to do my sanding/ salting thought I would go big it would be less trips back to reload. (Time is money LOL) may be in the next few years when I work up in to bigger properties like strip malls or warehouse/manufatories stuff i'll use it to plow also. have a few large office buildings. and mid size stip malls to.
    Have to go get my CDL now, got a couple of guys that all ready have there's but it will be nice for me to have one also.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2008
  5. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Looks good. The city here bought 2 old tandom axle ex DOT trucks. I say keep it bright orange.

6. TPC Services

I do 'nt know about keepin it orange, I would like to get the cab painted white or may be red like my dodge do I can put my company name on it . the dump body will need to be sandblasted and repainted in the next few years just to stop the corrosion that's going on now.

7. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

sounds like youre happy with your purchase. great find. best of luck with it!

8. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

lookin good! :cool:

9. bossplowguy

bossplowguy Senior Member

Gotta love a old county truck. Cummins motor? Auto or stick?

10. Ford445

Ford445 Senior Member
    from Vermont

All that matters is that YOUR happy with it. Looks good.

Good Luck.

11. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Looks good, the Ford 8000 is an exelant truck for plowing.

12. kitn1mcc

kitn1mcc Senior Member

the state of ct l90000 looked just like that but they had the sander built into the body

13. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Nice truck, Best of luck with it!!

14. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

im thinkin red also , if your starting a fleet the fleet must match?

15. TPC Services

Thanks for all the nice remarks guys, ya I happy with it, Can't beat it at $6k for all and belly blade
    Bossplowguy,
    Its a a state truck with a International diesel an a 5spd, I miss spoke about the dump body it's a peabody gailion.

I'm going with red cab black box next year because I have a red 1 ton Dodge

16. homerpete

homerpete Member
    from Iowa

Did you buy that at the DOT auction they had a couple weeks back?

17. TPC Services

No, It was setting on the Ne side of twn some contractor had it, said he used it to plow last season But I do'nt know because he new nothing about how to run the tailgate spreader andthe lot number from the state aution was still on the window so I guessing he bought it earlier this year?
    HAd a freind up there two weeks ago said the internationals where going for like 7k with nothing on them. no blade or dump box. some of the boxes where off the trucks wherere crap rusted really bad.

18. homerpete

homerpete Member
    from Iowa

Yea thought about going to that sale, never did at that point we were looking for a new dump box an a plow for our international but they didnt have any, but nice truck you got there not near as rusty as some ofthe ones i have seen!

19. Krieger91

Krieger91 Senior Member

That ain't bad at all for 6k, especially for the lots you say you have.

If ya re-oaint like you want you, you'll have to post pictures, because I'm sure that'll look sweet!

20. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Nice truck

any more pics?