1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My new prom date, shes not the purdiest, but shell work!

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by trqjnky, Mar 5, 2012.

1. trqjnky

trqjnky Senior Member

1980 chevy 1/2 ton. but it has the 205 gear to gear transfer case, 400 engine and transmission. plow on it is useless. old meyer i think? lever operated and slow as the day is long. This truck runs and drives like a 2012 truck. drove it 95 miles home doing 75mph on the interstate. Has cruise controll!!!

good...
    2 owner truck with 73360 original miles.
    1st owner was a body shop, so cab corners and rockers have been replaced
    body is solid as you will find for this year
    interior is mint aside from u.v. cracking from sun damage
    good tires

bad
    UGLY paint
    ugly rims
    junk plow
    needs new front leafs

soo, repainting it silver this summer, putting a new plow on it, getting some rims for it, and going plowing! 80s chevy trucks are my ultimate truck. my goal is to get a 4 door dually, and put a standard bed on it and a cummins diesel, fully restored and daily drive it.

WITHOUT FURTHER ADUE!! this afternoon ill get a better pic when the sun is at a good spot.
    [​IMG]

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Plowed with one like that for 16 years ,manual with a Fisher plow on it.

3. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

Nice find, the front end seems to sit way lower than a stock 4x4. You have a solid drive train & body. If your gonna replace the front leafs id put a mild suspension kit on it like a 2.5", have a nicer ride and it won't affect things like brake hoses, steering or front drive shaft length. I've owned four of those old trucks (still have one), they will take a severe beating.

I do have a Boss mount that will fit your truck, but it would cost a lot of money to ship, just not worth it.

4. grandview

Remember ugly dates work harder.(I've been told);)

5. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

I had one of those.. She was a red 3/4 ton

6. grandview

fat red head?

7. quigleysiding

quigleysiding PlowSite.com Addict

I knew that was coming....:laughing: