1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My new pre-DD 8611LP

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by bterry, Jul 2, 2010.

1. bterry

bterry Senior Member

Thanks to (Mark) Lohr Equipment in Scranton for finding and selling it, and Jerre for convincing me to buy it. Hope to take it to erie soon.

8611LPcrate.jpg

2. bterry

bterry Senior Member

I guess it's really not a pre-DD plow, but it is one from before they screwed up the design. (2008 plow)

3. Pristine PM ltd

Pristine PM ltd PlowSite Veteran

What did you end up paying? Any rumours of any others left?

4. GMC Driver

GMC Driver Senior Member

Ditto...

:D

5. bterry

bterry Senior Member

I'll have close to $6K in it, well worth it in my opinion. Sorry - I would never spread rumors like that ;). Just put it together tonight, makes me realize my 810 needs some black paint.

6. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

It has the new logo on the crate, it's definitely a D&D plow, but still the better design. I did notice it says goes from 8-10 ft, hope it is a LP!

7. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

o boy! that would be a big screw up lol

8. bterry

bterry Senior Member

It's definately a 8611LP.

8611LP.jpg

9. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

It sure is.....NICE Setup.....:salute::salute:

10. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

Awesome setup, good luck with it. Not to rain on your parade but you do know its gona be rusty next spring right?

11. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

The truck or the blade? ;) Sorry couldn't resist. Very nice setup hope it works really well for you.:drinkup:

12. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Nice setup. Is it just me or is $6K a smoking deal?

13. DeVries

DeVries PlowSite.com Addict

6K is a smokin deal, I'm jelous.

Jelous of the truck and the blade.

14. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

:laughing::laughing:

15. bterry

bterry Senior Member

Yeah, I know. I'm hoping for it - that way all my stuff matches. Ha.

16. Farmerjohn

Farmerjohn Member

Nice rig, Was Wondering how big of a deal it was to mount up I know my western was a b**** to do on my 03 F-250, was thinking about just letting Frank George or J&R put one on the new GMC

17. bterry

bterry Senior Member

I've done a few now. It's not that big of a deal. It takes me a lot longer than most, but it's because I'm very particular with my own trucks. Took me about an hour or two for the frame, and close to 4 for the harness - it was about 110 degrees that day, so I had to drink a lot...

I'll never deal with the Court Street clowns. Give me a call if you don't want them to do it. J&R hasn't been very helpful - standard answers, and have to order everything.

18. Farmerjohn

Farmerjohn Member

Yeah I dont know what im doing for a plow yet, havent made up my mind, I do know I have to put a leveling kit in the truck so it will hold it. I did see your truck sitting down Barlow nice looking rig.

19. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Not in the states it isn't ;)

20. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

Hey Terry, you got to post some pictures or a video of that bad boy in action once the fun starts falling, on here and on FTE.