1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My New Plow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ogdenflooring, Jan 24, 2009.

1. ogdenflooring

ogdenflooring Member

I picked this up about a month ago, I'm pretty sure I got a deal!!!!

2007 Western Midweight Poly 7 1/2' ultramount BARELY USED!!!!!!
    Bought the plow, wiring, controller for $2000.00!!
    Found a mounting bracket on craigslist for my 2006 F-150 (hard to just "find") with the F-150 light harness for $200.00
    So, now its time for the install....... I was pretty hesitant on doing it myself so I called around and the locals wanted $300-$400 to install, but couldnt get to it for about a week or so.:mad: Found a guy here in town who buys and sells used plows. Called him and asked if he knew anyone to install. He gives me the number of this guy who happens to be on the street I grew up on, and can do it on New Years Day!!!!! Long story short, this guy is AWESOME!!!! Knows his stuff and was VERY helpful:) Coached me through installing the mount, while he installed the wiring. All said and done and he says...........$50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I felt as if I had hit the lottery!
    So now I've got a total of approx $2300.00 invested. DEAL??????

So... message to my installer.......thanks for all of your help
    oh... and message to the guy who gave me his #......Thanks!
    (both plowsiters)

DSCF3353.jpg

DSCF3358.jpg

2. Lencodude

Lencodude Senior Member

Nice find on plow and install, truck looks good and your ready for the snow.

3. dmax plower

dmax plower Junior Member
    from ct

Best 50$ you could of ever spent nice install

4. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Loooks like a good plow. Best of luck with it.

5. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

sweet deal all we gotta get u know is a nice deal on a mini light bar to replace that lil thing u got on ur roof lol. i just got me a 2006 8' fisher MM2 for my 03' f-250 for $2300 with the harness and push plates i just installed it with a cchav from plowsite today and it works great. the only thing i gotta do now is put the push plates on but im not to crazy about drilling in to my frame so im getting my companies mechanic to do it for cheap so congrats on ur plow and hope it works awsome for u

6. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

That plow is perfect on your truck! I agree, take the $$ you saved and invest in a better lightbar/rotator!

7. ogdenflooring

ogdenflooring Member

cute lil light

I had it laying around from my old truck, but I agree!!!

8. BOSSMAN21

BOSSMAN21 Senior Member

Looks good!

9. Steve G.

Steve G. Senior Member

Nice setup... looks sharp!

10. Hammer24

Hammer24 Junior Member

Nice Find

I have the exact same plow on my Dodge Ram 1500. This is a great plow and you will love it. It looks as though you have the poly blade...I do to, a word of advise...back off the nuts that hold the moldboard to the frame and apply loctite to the bolts and then tighten back up...That is the only problem/complaint ive had with the plow. I lost 2 last yr and 2 this year. Loctited them and no problems so far. Good Luck plowing :drinkup:

11. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Thanks for the compliment!

But i have to be honest, he did most of the work, i just hooked up a few wires and pointed at what he had to do next. Besides, what should have taken us less than 2 hours to do turned into something like 6 when my brother and then my dad showed up and it turned into a BS session. We had a good time!

I wont say anything about that little light that i can barely see up there on your roof!

12. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Looks good great deal!

13. ogdenflooring

ogdenflooring Member

What style light bar do you guys recommend? Fixed/ mag/ suction? LED/ strobe/ rotator? 24"? post ur pics, let me see my options. The topper is a must for me, which may limit my options.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2009