1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My new plow

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Iowa, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Iowa

Iowa Senior Member
    from Iowa

Installed last Friday. 8' Western Pro Plow.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

No timbrens! Not much sag with the torsion bars cranked!

2. 2004Z71CC

2004Z71CC Member

Nice setup !!!!!!!!!!!

3. Playboy

Playboy Senior Member

Dam it matches your trucks color! Very nice. I hate the lights but love the plow. I haven't done any research yet but i want to change the lights on my plow. They might work ok but the just look so dam old fashioned.

4. Nice

Looks really nice, but I would highly reconmend the rubber flap on the top of the plow!

5. BreyerConstruct

BreyerConstruct Senior Member

With some decent balast, that thing should be unstoppable- and be able to fit in some tighter lots.

Congrats!

~Matt

6. mike_09

mike_09 Member
    from Ohio

is that a new western plow? looks like it

7. cocamonkey

cocamonkey Junior Member
    from Iowa

Yes he says its a Western Pro Plow in the first post.

8. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

very sharp. Every looks like it flows with the truck

9. mike_09

mike_09 Member
    from Ohio

did you have to notch at all? u have one slick set up:yow!: how do you like the new chevy? 6.0 ? which model is it the work truck ls or the lt? how much did the plow cost yea?

10. TRUE TURF LAWN

TRUE TURF LAWN Senior Member

nice set up you should get the ruber snow diflector you will need it. happy plowing.

11. Iowa

Iowa Senior Member
    from Iowa

Initally, when I called the dealer in August to buy it, he told me that they would have to notch, he didn't hear anything of the new p/n that western came out with the new brackets that clear the valance. Apparently they did find out:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Plow costed me $4100 with the Cab Command.

12. Iowa

Iowa Senior Member
    from Iowa

Also its an LS. I love the 6.0. I'm not going to complain about the gas mileage like others do, because you know that if you have that big of number when you buy it, you should assume bad gas mileage. It doesn't bother me. It's also got the 4.10 in the rear (I donno if thats all the HD's have???)

13. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Very nice looking rig....Have Fun!!!

14. mike_09

mike_09 Member
    from Ohio

thats a slick plow set up how they didn't notch the bumper out.have fun plowing:yow!: the 6.0 is a good motor good amounts of power and then you have the 4:10s i bet it gets up and gos:gunsfiring: .i don't know why people always complain about the mpg if you want a truck then you better get use to paying to run a truck this isn't not four banger its a heavy truck made to work not to run to the store and think u'r going to get good mpg.

15. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

That looks like a sweet setup! Got to love the matching paint...good luck with it. :drinkup:

16. PROCUTSLAWNCARE

PROCUTSLAWNCARE Senior Member

You will love the 6.0 motor. I had a 2004 same color only a GMC, same truck, 4.10 and all! Plowed like a bear. Only thing was........... 10 MPG. I traded it in last month and bought a diesel. Never again will I own a gasser!

Happy plowing you will have no problem with the truck. Also I would rec. getting the timbrens and taking some turns off the Torsions! I cranked mine and ruined the front allignment and wore out the CV joints cause of the angle it caused without the plow! My 2 cents..... nice setup!!!