1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My new plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by itsgottobegreen, Jan 9, 2005.

1. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Well this is what happens when I get bored and feel like saving a buck. I wanted a Curtis plow, but not at $1900. I rather spend that on a cab (coming soon) So I picked this little baby up on ebay for $275 with shipping. Its off a kubota front mount mower. I put $70 in new hoses, $25 in steel, $40 in couplers. So that only $410. I cut up the old frame, then welded up a new one. It works great. The only problem I had was the piston was bent. But my new 30 ton press took care of that.

Here are the before and after pictures. Let me know what you all think.

Now I just need some snow to try it out.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2005
  2. itsgottobegreen

After picture

3. itsgottobegreen

For all you that brag about how high you can stack snow with your truck. Try to beat this.

4. itsgottobegreen

Here is a picture of the mounts I made. I know the color doesn't match. But Kubota orange is $15 a can. I had this orange paint sitting around.

The only problem is that the plow sits really far forward from the front tires. Which makes plowing on turns hard.

5. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

You might be able to stack snow higher, but I'll be nice and warm inside my truck!!!! :p :p Looks good, how do you transport it?
  6. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

Looks like a nice sidewalk machine! Whats the top speed on one of those?
  7. salopez

salopez Senior Member

so you finally gave up on the rubber edge for you bucket? looks like a nice fit. curtis makes a nice cab, its the one i have on my 2910. hope you like the woods you bought off me!
  8. ksland

ksland Senior Member
    from ma

You are going to freeze your nuggets off on that thing!
  9. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

too wide for most sidewalks in NH. Most tractors, you will freeze on, dress properly. He said he's getting a cab. I have a Curtis Cab on my Bolens. :drinkup: No doors though :( Don't need doors anyways.
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2005
  10. bolensdriver

bolensdriver Senior Member

:cool: Great for driveways and private roads in my opinion. I'm thinking about purchasing a new Kubota this week.
  11. itsgottobegreen

I do a ton of driveways with in 1.5 miles of my house. (Mostly the ones that no one else wants because they go straight up or straight into the garage. So I make a killing.) So I just drive it job to job. Other wise my F-150 with trailer. (I wish it was 4x4 or it would have a plow)

I love the woods rear blade I bought off you. It was $150 worth of insurance in case I didn't get this unit finish before it snowed. I did some grading with it and it work just fine. (I was to lazy to put the box scraper I have back on)
    I still got the rubber edge in the bucket. So if I need to move some snow with it. Pull four pins and a hydraulic line and its ready to go.
    Also if you still need me as a back up doing the truck depots I am still up for it. Give me a call.

As for freezing my nuts off. Nope. Here is a picture of me last year. I only had a T-shirt and sweat pants on under my snow suit. But I hope I get some snow to pay for the dame cab soon or it will be next year before I see one.

kubota snow.jpg
  12. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

I also have a b 7500 with a 302 loader. My kubota 2019 front blade 5 ft. is similar to yours, however, my plow mounts directly to the tractor on the front subframe. Go slow with that loader set up, you could bend the loader arms, that would be very painful!! Plow on. :salute:
  13. itsgottobegreen

I have seen that done. Lucky me I have no curbs to deal with. Only one driveway with an stone edging. So bending the arms aren't to much of a concerned.
  14. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Man, that thing looks fantastic! Seems to be an extremely versatile piece of equipment...what do you guys figure a used one in good shape would run? payup
  15. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

It is definately a nice machine for smaller amounts of snow.

My friend has a similar setup only larger, a 7.5' Western on the front loader of his (larger) Kubota. I used it once as a backup when the HEI module fried in my distributor (and I had the damn Norwalk virus and couldn't figure out what was wrong, too busy just trying to stand up without falling over)

What I found was as soon as it got into deeper snow or had to turn, the tractor (even in 4wd) would follow the angle of the blade rather than the wheels. Often needed to lift up and make a second pass to do a clean job.

Other than that, it was a great stacker and was very manueverable around obstacles.

As for freezing the nuts, I run an open tractor to spread salt, usually in jeans and a t-shirt under my insulated coveralls. With manual filling of the hopper, I am often too hot.
  16. itsgottobegreen

The plow or the tractor because neither are for sale. LOL

The tractor is very versatile. I bought it last Christmas. So far it made me about $5,000 this year plus paid itself off along with a 60" MMM, 4'roto-tiller, 4'snowblower, 7'rake, 5'aerator, 4'boxscaper, 5'blade, 6'broom, 4'brushhog. I got $22,000 worth of equipment, but only have $12,500 in it. So my grand total of new work it added last year was $17,500. It should help pay for its new haul rig this year. My new dump truck.
  17. itsgottobegreen

Well I got to use my plow on the little 2" storm on Friday and it worked great. I can't wait for saturday 8-10". Thats the real test. Also get to play with my snow blower too.