1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My New Plow Trucks

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by newlooklandscp, Dec 10, 2005.

1. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

Im fairly new to plowsite and the snow removal business as well, and Im only 20. So I figured I'd post some pics of my snow removal equipment. Let me know what you guys think.

Ken - New Look Landscaping

Picture #5.jpg

Picture #1.jpg

Picture #2.jpg

Picture #7.jpg

2. rfed32

rfed32 Senior Member

20 years old?? where the h3ll u get the moeny for that $h!t man thats crazy

3. Team_Yamaha

Team_Yamaha Senior Member

I like it. Nothing looks better than the 05-06 SuperDutys in white. Thats why I bought mine.

4. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Nice looking trucks.

5. snow plow man57

snow plow man57 Member

wow u must got alot of money for the trucks and trailers also those blizerds but IMO chevy is better

6. fordplowdude

fordplowdude Member

Great looking rigs.payup Lets see more pics of the 06 F-350. I have an 06 F-350 and thats the set up I want. Do you have the plow prep pkg?

7. newlooklandscp

from Midwest

LOL, thanks guys. Yes I am only 20, I cant even drink legally yet, and well the money came from working my a** off 6-7 days a week for 4 years now and well some loans were taken out too. haha. Gotta spend money to make money.

-----------------------------

Yup came with the plow prep, even with the blizzard plow (which isn't light) its does squat or dim the lights at all. I'll see if I can get some more pics taken, see if I can get the strobe systems to show up a little better.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2005
  8. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

everything looks sweet here is our fleet . did you take out a bizz loan for that stuff or personal loans hope you can make the payments

Last edited: Apr 26, 2006
  9. TEX

TEX Senior Member

Loan

From A Business Point Of View-----did You Buy Or Take Out A Huge Loan On That Equiptment? If You Took A Loan How Much Did You Put Down? Not To Get Into Your Business But For A 20 Year Old Heck For Anyone Thats A Lot Of Equiptment And Money. About $11,000 Just For The 2 Plows Plus A 2006 Ford At About $45,000 Sticker Which You Might Have Got For Around $36,000 Just Wondering

10. newlooklandscp

from Midwest

Well to break it down. The 01' Dump was purchased at the begining of last year around March and I got a steal on it. It was sitting at the dealer I purchased it from all winter and they just wanted to get rid of it. Absolutly nothing wrong with the truck; only 60,000 miles, Diesel, only thing it needed was tires. I ended up paying about $20,000.00 and put $10,000.00 down on it. Since then that has been paid off. The blizzard that is on the Dump Truck was purchased last year around November and I put about 1/2 down on that and that is now paid off. I paid about $4800.00 installed and with tax for that. As for the new 06' F350 and the blizzard on that. I got that pickup during the time Ford was promoting the Ford Family Plan and with tax and all I believe it came out to about $37,500.00, diesel, plow prep, the whole works. Ended up trading in my old 99' GMC Sierra pickup which the dealer gave me $10,000.00 and I put another $5000.00 on top of that for a down payment of $15,000.00 on the pickup. The new 05' blizzard I purchased in October and with installation was about $5100.00 and that is on a small equipment loan. As for the 2 Trailer and 1 set of Lawn equipment in the picture that is all paid for. Some major money put out in the last year or two but its all from working my a** for 3 years before that with the sh*t-est equipment. But on the otherhand I have minimal loans right now and all new/newer equipment that hopefully will last me for years to come.

11. I think your doing well

I think your doing quite well.....I'm 19 and right now I have everythign I have paid off (which is my 99...a 16ft open trailer, a lazer z 60 and a Turf tracer 60 and my plows and such) but i may have to take a small biz loan becaues i am full with this truck and would love to put another on the road next year....on top of that, this truck is getting close to 100,000 miles and i am starting to worry about how long it will be relyable......good luck to you....workign your butt off pays off. thats what i do to! Dont let these guys give you crap....your know your costs and know what you can afford...there prolly just upset cause your new truck is nicer than theirs!

12. HEy vipereng2

Hey vipereng2....now that you have run both a BOSS and a FISHER for long hours, you have to admit BOSS makes one hell of a sweet plow :) Good luck this winter (by the way, you should put a rubber deflector on that boss, it makes night and day difference!):salute:

13. Team_Yamaha

Team_Yamaha Senior Member

Hey newlook, just keeping working hard and it will pay off big time!! I am only 27 and 4 of my trucks, the Jeep, my S250, both four-wheelers, 3 gooseneck trailers, 545 Ford loader tractor, 590 Case are all paid off. I am just making payments on my 05 F350, one gooseneck trailer, my S185, my 97 Freightliner tandem axle dump, and Kubota BX2230(got 0% financing for 3 years, so why take money out the bank). Hopefully the dump will be paid off in the spring, and the 05 this time next year or next spring. Good luck!!!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2005
  14. DugHD

DugHD Senior Member
    from Maine

Hi Ken , nice lookin rigs even though their fords Its nice to see a young pup working his tail off. You'll always get people worried about your business and telling you what you should be doing. Just keep kickin a s s and taking names. payup

15. vipereng2

vipereng2 Senior Member

ooooooyea its sweet iam not sure if i want the rubber deflecter or the poly one

16. snoluvr

snoluvr Senior Member
    from RI

congrats

Congarats on the business and trucks. I love how on this site, you can show some pics of your fleet, and the next thing you know, everyone needs to put in there two cents on your finances. Not really the forum for it..Maybe, wanna be dads.com!!
    Kepe those blizzards running,and you will pay those off quick!

17. newlooklandscp

from Midwest

Thanks to all for the great comments and input. Hope the winter works out for everyone. Any other interest feel free to ask and it is kinda intersting how the topic changes so fast. Good luck to all.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2005
  18. ClaytonR

ClaytonR Member

love

Love the White trucks with the white plows...hotness... :drinkup:

19. Lawnboy67

Lawnboy67 Junior Member

First Class.......

Firstclass.......What is the name of your Lawn/Landscaping Business? and where at in GR?

Thanks

20. newlooklandscp

from Midwest

Looking for lightbar suggestions for my new F350 pickup. I have a 4 light hiden strobe system already but would like to put a lightbar up on top. Was looking at the Whelen Mini Edge? Not sure if I want magnetic mount (no take downs or alleys) or mount it to the top of my truck or put it on a back rack permenantly (w/ takedowns and alleys)? Any suggestions? different light bar? what do you guys think?