1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My new plow truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by BRAAAP, Jan 20, 2009.

1. BRAAAP

BRAAAP Senior Member

The 1500 just wasn't holding up to well plowing parking lots so i traded it in for a 05 2500 CTDwesport

100_0022.jpg

100_0023.jpg

2. rjnjr1019

rjnjr1019 Senior Member

nice truck i have a 05 1500 myself what type of problems can i look forward to? I was thinking that if i do indeed get into p;lowing alot i will upgrade to a dodge 2500 never was much of a dodge truck guy but sisnce i bought my 05 i like them alot. what type of plow you running on your truck (pic of my in my profile)

3. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

looks Good!

4. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

thats a nice move the cummins will love being at work hehe good luck with it

5. BRAAAP

BRAAAP Senior Member

hey thanks guys!!! The 1500 wasn't to bad but it was a 02 with 92,000 and the trany was starting to slip. It doesn't help the truck is always working either towing the wood chipper 6500lbs + wood in the bed and plow and salter in winter but the trany was the first prob I had with it.

6. gmcplowtruck

gmcplowtruck Member

nice truck i just picked up almost the i dentical truck but white and an 04 ctd for an amazing price because she had a few problems an higher miles how do you like it

7. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

hey Braaap! niicccee, I love plowing with a diesel, lots more pushing power and less slipping. Good to see things are going well.

8. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

looks like a blizzard mount

9. jgoetter1

jgoetter1 Senior Member

I'm looking into the same truck.

Which diesel do you have?
    Which plow?
    How many miles?
    How much $?
    From dealer or private guy?

Thanks and congrats on the upgrade.

10. BRAAAP

BRAAAP Senior Member

Thanks guys so far I love the truck!!! I will never go back to a gas truck againwesport. As far as the plow goes it was a messed up deal and im stuck with my 760sw for this year:cry: (sold 760sw ordered 860sw went to drop plow off and the guy backed out!!!!) Its the 05 5.9 with 40,000 and it was a southern truck with not a spot of rust and picked it up for 25k

11. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks like a good truck. Best of luck with it!

12. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Post some pics with the plow on! Looks real nice!

13. big pusher

big pusher Senior Member
    from ohio

I have a gasser and a duramax and I have to say I love the DMAX but when desiel was $4.80 a gallon last summer it sat at the barn!

14. BRAAAP

BRAAAP Senior Member

Its a little small on the truck but it will do till i get a 810 or 860sw next fall!!

100_0024.jpg

100_0025.jpg