1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My New Plow... friggin finally ;)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by MC94XR7, Dec 23, 2015.

1. MC94XR7

MC94XR7 Senior Member
    from GTA

lol I know a bunch kept buggin me to just get a plow already. I took my sweet ass time getting my plow since There has never been any snow in the 2 week forecast. She's the Western Pro Series 2 on a 2010 Toyota Tundra. She's t-he 5.7L double cab with a 3" lift in the front. She dropped almost 2" or so after the install. I did good for adding the 3". Gotta run some ballast Bigtimes. That plow is only 668Lb as apposed to the fisher HD I wanted which is about 715Lb. Now where's the snow! What do you guys think? Like to hear the Tundra guys too who helped me out ;):salute:

bubba plow.jpg

2. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good on your truck. Similar to my plow. I put a back drag blade on mine. Money Well Spent ... although I would get an argument about that.

3. MC94XR7

MC94XR7 Senior Member
    from GTA

'Preciate'er, bud. Huh. Was that blade off of a Fisher HD? I didn't know they made them for western.

4. JMHConstruction

JMHConstruction PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good, what size is that? 8'?

5. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge PlowSite Veteran
    from NJ

Now you've done it..

You bought a new plow. It won't snow again until December of 2016 because of you.

Thanks a bunch, you googly eyed bastage !

:D

6. MC94XR7

MC94XR7 Senior Member
    from GTA

Thanks, bud. I wont talk about my "8 incher" but my plow is 8'.

7. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

Look buddy,

what you have in your butt hole is your business. No one here really cares....

8. MC94XR7

MC94XR7 Senior Member
    from GTA

Way she goes, bro. If I gotta suffer, I'm taking you all with me.:angry:

9. MC94XR7

MC94XR7 Senior Member
    from GTA

lol oh man that was quick- friggin I backed into that one.:nono:

after re-reading that, the question mark made it look like the post said 8". my bad.

10. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

Just goofin, man...:D

Unless of course it's true... which is still okay, I guess:confused:

Nice plow, BTW...Thumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up

11. MC94XR7

MC94XR7 Senior Member
    from GTA

I guess. 8" back there just isnt my bag.

12. Dogplow Dodge

from NJ

So, How long did they take to install your plow ?

Were you satisfied with the installation?

Nice clean wiring / splicing / drilling the frame, or bolt on ?

Smooth operation ?

Did you "air plow" at all yet ? Lots of guys here driving around with their plows on, and it's going to be somewhere around 74* F tomorrow.

Details, man.... Details.

13. JMHConstruction

Lol I did a little air shoveling today. Went and stared all the blowers and let them run for a bit and tried to bend the warped shovels back into shape. Chance of snow here Monday...not great, but still a chance! Wanted to make sure everything was working good. That pretend snow didn't know what hit it!

14. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

What is with the license plate on the headgear? :confused:

15. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

Abiding the law to the 78th degree.. Wonder if hes gona move the plate on/off the ploww and truck.. Way too much work for me

16. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

That is what I thought. When it snows, I think your plate is the last thing that the cops care about. Seems like quite a bit of work

17. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

The truck and plow look great. I'm surprised it dropped the front end that much.

18. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

nice setup!

19. JMHConstruction

My guess is that the company who installed it has to put the plate there to be seen so they are not liable.

20. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

Back a few years ago I still had my plow on the truck couple days after a storm, I was stopped by an RCMP officer and warned about the front plate not being visible, he said next time I will give you a fine.