1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My new plow driver

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by norrod, Jan 30, 2005.

1. norrod

norrod Senior Member

I told our 6 year old that it's time she earned her keep. Figure she can plow the sidewalks all the way to school.

[​IMG]

She loves riding along when I work my route.

2. Langlois Enterprise

Langlois Enterprise Junior Member

Never too young

They are never too young to learn how to plow & enjoy how much, we enjoy it.. :salute:
    My son takes his 2 year old daughter out with him and she loves it!!! purplebou

3. Up North

Up North Senior Member

That's awesome norrod! My 3 year old loves to go with me whenever he can. He usually falls asleep after 3 jobs...how he can sleep with all that jostleing around is beyond me, but he does.

Great pic!

Buck

4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Up North

You are doing well. A few years ago I took my daughter with me as my wife was on holidays. After 10 driveways she threw-up. I just took all her stuff off and put it in the back of the box, put my sweatshirt on her that covered her from head to toe. Did maybe 5 more drives and she did it again. I guess because she couldn't see over the dash she got car sick. That is the end of her plowing for a few years.

5. Tommy10plows

Tommy10plows Senior Member

Equipped well

First time I ever saw a Fisher wing plow on the side of Dodge pick up with a Western front plow. I bet that thing will really move some snow extended out that far.

6. norrod

norrod Senior Member

It is very productive :drinkup:

That yellow beast is the 8'6" blade for my F-350 Dump.

7. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

My youngest son was 6 and he loved to do the walks as I plowed the parking lot. I bought him a shovel his size and he went to town on the walks.

8. scuba875

scuba875 Senior Member

I don't have any kids yet but my friends son Drew always wants to play in my truck he is 4. I let him raise and angle the plow he loves it. His mother isn't to keen on it but my buddy and I get a kick out of him. He moves the plow and then looks at you out of the corner of his eye like is that ok with a little smirk.

9. SkykingHD

SkykingHD Senior Member

Kids and snow plowing

We have 5 grandkids. We put them in backhoe and in trucks they think it is neat. A 5 yrs old digging with a backhoe. He is not watching TV he is living bob the builder! I feel it is never to young to show a child that honest work is not a bad thing and you can make it in life by doing an honest days work. There is to much bad on TV.. showing drug dealers and thugs on the street. Why don't we have hard working honest people as our hero's.

This is what built America. Honest days work.

Dave

10. scuba875

scuba875 Senior Member

Dave the kids have to just love that. My father was killed in the service before I was 1 so growing up my godfather kind of took his place until my mom remaried when I was 8.

Tom owned a construction company and he used to let me sit on his lap and run the controls of a dozer at 5. He also had a dump truck and use to let me raise and lower the dump in the drive when he came home for lunch.

Mary his wife watched me while my mom was at work. She would yell at him all the time for letting me do that.

He was in the hospital last year for a heart transplant and when I went to see him the first time the nurse asked if I was the little boy he use to let run the dozer.

He had told those stories to everyone at the hospital. I guess it was just as important to him as it was to me growing up. Those are some really good memories and I wouldn't trade them for all the money in the world.

He started with nothing and built up a very successful business. He showed me that with hard work you can accomplish anything.

11. winterangel

winterangel Member
    from Ohio

Hey scuba875, that is memories that are too far and few in between these days. I can only say hold on to those, and pass those stories on. I can still remember my grandpa and I and he has been gone since 71. :)
    I bring my daughter too, who is 9 now, when ever she has no school the next day. Loves to run the controls and shovels the walks.
    During the season, I bring her on projects and maintenance jobs too.
    She knows hard work pays off ;)

12. dforbes

dforbes Senior Member

My co-pilot, the one on the left (Luke) won't let me leave without him, doesn't care how many hours or days it takes. Loves to plow snow. Or maybe he likes the fast food.

12-23-2004 Luke & Lucy.jpg

13. jonw440

jonw440 Senior Member

My 13 yr old Son is my Co pilot. He runs the rotators (I dont keep them on all the time) he watches for cars and checks the edges of the driveways for me (grass edge).
    He only charges me $20.00 for the company!!
    He's a good kid. :)
    Enjoy em when their still young....they grow bigger fast. (My Son will never grow up , just like his Dad) :drinkup: