1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My New Old Truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by kcplowmata, Nov 5, 2007.

1. kcplowmata

kcplowmata Senior Member
    from kc

I hope she makes me some money. Kids love it . So i guess if she doesnt than they can blame her for no college money.

truck.jpg

2. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

congrats! and i think its great you bought that from someone on plowsite. that is part of what this site is all about i think. networking and helping eachother out. im sure you will make out very well with it and perhaps end up with MORE college money for the kids down the road?
    i was wondering who would pick that up it looked like a very good tool for a very good price. how did you end up getting it to you? :)

3. kcplowmata

kcplowmata Senior Member
    from kc

:waving: im flying in friday with a friend and we are driving her home.long trip but what the heck.yea i like this site alot. thanks for the positive comments. :waving:

4. procut1

procut1 Senior Member

Hey

Thats a sweet looking ride you got there pal.

Wanna sell it?

5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Good luck with Big Red!!

6. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

that thing sure is Big Red.......so give us some more info on it

7. kcplowmata

kcplowmata Senior Member
    from kc

i will give you more info next monday. when i have her in kansas with toto and dorthy.

8. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

yeah i guess you dont need a map to get home you can just follow the yellow brick road................

9. kah68

kah68 Senior Member

You could re-name it 'Big Chief' and put a big KC arrow head Logo on her!

10. kcplowmata

kcplowmata Senior Member
    from kc

home............gas pedal fell through the floor.......air brake hose came off......... lights bugged out............ heater wouldnt stop.........window stuck up. but she ran 65 all the way home... burnt by the weigh stations........couple troopers beside me turned off.whewwwwwww.shifts cool dont need the clutch.....be an ok salt truck.. wouldnt drive it that far ever again....or anything else for that matter.....i am going to put some loot----money in her next week..... then shell be ready and it wont snow:cry:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2007
  11. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

How far did you have to drive it to get it home?

12. kcplowmata

kcplowmata Senior Member
    from kc

1300 miles

13. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Probably would've cheaper to have it shipped to you, no?

14. kcplowmata

kcplowmata Senior Member
    from kc

nope i had a couple days to kill .2900 to ship .cost a total of roughly 1500. just a headache though. o and i love the big chief idea

15. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

I want to see a plow on that. Maybe a 10 or 11' Frink or Viking?

16. kcplowmata

kcplowmata Senior Member
    from kc

shoot i wish. i bet that thing plowed some snow in its day. runs like a dozer. man i thought my dodge truck has power. wesport

17. procut1

procut1 Senior Member

could you better explain the whole "gas pedal falling through the floor?"

ha

18. kcplowmata

kcplowmata Senior Member
    from kc

the bracket underneath the floorboard came unwelded.rusted. pedal fell to the floor.got a phone book and a c clamp to hold her up. good ole eng-eye-new-eye-tee. cause im sofa king we todd it for going that far:dizzy: