1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My New OBS Ford F350

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by DeereFarmer, Jan 10, 2011.

1. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I bought this truck from a family friend a few weeks ago. It needs some work here and there. I still don't have the plow working yet, but I'm pretty sure its just the solenoids. Its a '95 F350 7.3L diesel with a 8'6" Diamond plow on it. 105K one owner miles with the typical Ford rust on it. It has been a farm truck since the day it was bought. I'm just using it as a lot truck and farm truck for now. In a few years my goal is to have it frame off restored and have the nicest OBS possible. I have wanted a truck like this since I first saw one in '95, only problem was that I was 7 at the time. Here are the pics:

2. DeereFarmer

Last one...

3. PabstBlueRibbon

PabstBlueRibbon Senior Member

thats not to bad the rust
  4. DeereFarmer

Yeah its not too bad. The worst is on the right side. The left side is just starting. The frame is scaley, but no rot.
  5. wolfmobile8

wolfmobile8 Senior Member

nice obs. Thats my plan also once i get the money i want to find my 1997 f350 psd in black and have it is another plow truck that's always been my dream truck also got a nuff lights on the headgear lol.
  6. DeereFarmer

Hahahaha nope! I've got four 55 watters in the front along with the plow lights, and two in the rear. All sets are on separate switches and relays. I was going to just use them temporarily and then when i get the money upgrade to LED work lights, but these thing light up everything, so I might just keep them as is. It really helps out when i need to see 1/4 in front of me in my fields.
  7. firefighter1406

firefighter1406 Senior Member

Nice rig, I have been looking at these trucks thinking about getting one to put up a third rig. Those 55 watters are a life saver sometimes, I have a set on the front of my supperduty and they helped me out big time during the heavy white out snows we got a couple of days ago.
  8. randomb0b123

randomb0b123 PlowSite.com Addict
    from america

i like your rear bumper the rr corner of the beds got an ouchy :cry: idk about all those plow lights that looks funny but im sure it serves a purpose
  9. DeereFarmer

Yeah that ouchy has been there a long time! My buddy got hit when there was 700 miles on the truck. Thats why he upgraded the bumper while he was at it. the old bumper was trashed. The light do look dumb, but they work for what I need. This truck won't be registered, so it'll only bother me on the farm lol. I hate them until I turn them on at night and then I forget all about it hahaha. This was the first truck I ever plowed in so it has some sentimental value as well.
  10. snowsniper1

snowsniper1 Senior Member

Nice rig I miss my 97 f350 diesel it was a beast
  11. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Nice truck!!
  12. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Nice rig, thats what I started out subing in years ago, Love all the lights on that thing, looks like my x-mas tree
  13. 97f250Heavyduty

97f250Heavyduty Senior Member

Nice Looking truck! What color do you plan to paint it when you restore it? Different or keep it the same?
  14. DeereFarmer

Thanks guys!

I might keep it the same color, but probably go with red and then black it out a little.

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

looks great. i love that body style of fords
  16. highridge

highridge Member

Nice truck! Love the blue on blue and those rims are my favorite style of any truck.
  17. 97f250Heavyduty

97f250Heavyduty Senior Member

Those rims are my favorite as well. My dream truck is one of them in either the nice green or the metallic blue.

Good Luck with it!
  18. bossdude

bossdude Junior Member

Nice Rig! I had one that year...was a good truck.
  19. DeereFarmer

Same with me. I have a set of steel wheels that I might put on and get the aluminum rims re-done and then store them away.
  20. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

I like that truck also .... Hate to ask but .... what does obs stand for?