1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My New Mvp Plus

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by skferreri, Feb 18, 2008.

1. skferreri

skferreri Senior Member

I Just Got To New Mvp Plus By Western. I Put It On A 08 F-350 Superduty. I Have A Problem With The Nighthawk Lights On The Truck They Are Very Jumpy.i Was Wondering If Anybody Else Has A Problem With There Lights Doing The Same.my Other Concerne Was If I Have To Put A Set Of Timbrens On The Truck Even Though The Truck Is Brand New. There Is A Little Sag In The Front End But Is Not Close To The Stock Stopper In Front.

2. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

By jumpy do you mean that when you lift the plow the lights drop angle? Or do you mean going down the road they bounce along with the road?

An f350 should have enough to keep those lights pretty much straight on with near zero front sag when lifted. Maybe the 08's are weaker now?

I have the obvious problems with the sag and drop with the MVP on my NBS Chevy. I'll take care of that next season.

3. skferreri

skferreri Senior Member

The problem is more with the lights than the sag. The lights are jumping as i am driving.Some told me that it was the shoes of the truck. whatever that meant.The lights dont really jump around when the plow is down when im plowing just when driving with the plow up and it drives me crazy

4. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

I'm guessing that it's because the truck is stiff and bounces like a solid axle. Not much to do except try slightly different angle's and see if the coverage helps lesson the bounce field.

5. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

What I meant by the shoes on the truck is the horn looking part of the mount on the truck. There is play in the connection between the truck and plow. With a stiff front end and the weight hanging off the front, the plow will bounce a little when going down the road. I hope this cleared up my first explanation.:waving:

6. skferreri

skferreri Senior Member

Is there a way to fix or help the problem because it is so annoying driving at night.

7. skferreri

skferreri Senior Member

i was wondering if any body has the extension brackets on there light.And what are they for.

8. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

What extensions are you referring to? :rolleyes:

9. skferreri

skferreri Senior Member

headlight bracket

the bracket for the headlights

10. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

I will run out and take a picture of my setup. Let me know if yours looks like this!

11. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

Here is my setup.

DCP_1076.jpg

DCP_1077.jpg

DCP_1078.jpg

12. skferreri

skferreri Senior Member

i have a extra bracket that the light sits on and dont have a clue what it is for.if i had a clue how to post a pic i would show you

13. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

If you have a digital pic, all you have to do is in the reply message part, is click on the manage attachments under where you write. It will pop up a new box and click browse on it and find your photo. Than click upload. It will take a few seconds to load and will show your file below the browse buttons. Close that box and preview the post. It should show up, if so, click post!

14. skferreri

skferreri Senior Member

I tried but it is saying that the pic is to big and needs to be resized

15. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

I pm'ed you. Check your messages!

16. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

Here they are! I have never seen this bracket before. This will cause more problems. It acts like a diving board. Would the lights hit your truck hood or grill if you move them back on top like mine?

DSC03659.jpg

DSC03661.jpg

Last edited: Mar 15, 2008
  17. skferreri

skferreri Senior Member

The plow is on 08 f350.I was looking at some other plows and i cant find any body that has this bracket on them. I was wondering if this had something to do with my light being very jumpy when i am driving

18. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

Did you build the plow or have someone do it for you? I would take them off and put on the bar and see if there is a difference. I would bet you will like the improvement!

19. skferreri

skferreri Senior Member

My local dealer built the plow. I am going to change them later and take them for a drive at night to see if there is a differnce.let you know tomorrow. thanks

20. skferreri

skferreri Senior Member

I took off the extension bracket and mounted the lights to the frame.I took it for a test drive last night and i like it better with out the brackets,there wasnt as much jump in the lights.I still want to know what the hell are those brackets for.