1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

my new GMC

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by highlander316, Dec 12, 2007.

1. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

picked her up almost a month ago, haven't plowed w/ her yet thou, only salting :realmad:

07 GMC Sierra 2500HD, 6.0 gas, 6sp auto, 8' Western Pro Plow
    no options except for carpet and CD player. Just got the windows tinted today, lettering gets done in about two weeks. 4 corner hide-a-ways also go in in about two weeks. Paid 30k w/ the plow (not bad IMO, 08's are selling alot higher here). Also got 0% for 60 months through GMAC :nod:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Very nice truck.....that will def make u alot of money...have fun with it:gunsfiring:

3. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

the red on red def looks sharp, good luck with it.

4. highlander316

thanks. Gonna put a Western swing away spreader on it next year. The nice thing is, the Western dealer is w/in 2 mins of my main accounts and they have been real good there when I went for my old plow.

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Looks good but toss the little Western flags ,says "Rookie"!:D

6. highlander316

^haha. I have a set of non-flagged poles in my garage. But I think they are cool? Eh I have no sense of style anyway lol :cry::cry::cry:

7. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Great looking combo!

PS- dont listen to grandview...hes just jealous because he cant get fluid film to manufacture flags for his truck

8. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

That's what you think!

9. Waterboss

Waterboss Member

Sharp! Love the red on red. Think Snow - pennies from heaven!:D

10. Tractor Plower

Tractor Plower Senior Member

Great looking rig! I love the red-on-red.
    What western is that? the pro or pro-plus?
    Miketymusic

11. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Awsome truck, I love red trucks.

12. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

nice truck.....and the flags will wave to you all the time

13. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Sweet Truck!!! Its so clean and shiny. Any plans for a lightbar or do you just use the hideaway strobes?

14. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I would love to have a truck like that for plowing.

It is a Pro not Pro Plus and I would toss the flags for sure. They will drive you nuts. That's what happened to Grandview.

15. TEX

TEX Senior Member

nice truck good price

16. Petr51488

Petr51488 Senior Member

Nice truck! Same color as mine.. I love it...

17. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

If you would read he did say Pro Plow..

18. Tractor Plower

Tractor Plower Senior Member

Thanks 02, I must be blind :rolleyes:
    -Mike

19. cattrader

cattrader Member
    from pa

nice truck/setup!!

20. highlander316

thanks everyone. I had a cheap-o autozone rotating light on top but dropped it the other day so no light yesterday. Do have hideways for it, waiting for my buddy to install. I'm putting a dump insert in in the spring. I might put a light bar on top of the cab protector and wire that into the overhead beacon light switch. But we'll see when the time comes. Needs a good exterior detail, was never done from the dealer (picked it up the night before thanksgiving. Dealer was packed, was a mad house and I did not wanna wait). Washed it today and you can see waterspots sticking from no wax.

For yesterdays storm though, on the second lot the controller stopped working. Had to get some people to come out from the building and lift the plow will I pullled up the chains so I could drive the truck over to the plow dealer (which was 4 blocks over). Turns out when the place put the plow on, they didn't make a proper connection under the dash for the controller wiring, so if the truck knocked around (and I hit a curb right before it stopped) the controller could potentially stop. So the dealer rewired it. Lost about 45 mins but luckily we only had more of a slush storm and nothing full blown where I woulda been screwed. Once it was fixed we went back out and ran the rest of the route.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2007