1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My new F750

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by mikegooseman, Sep 21, 2011.

1. mikegooseman

mikegooseman Senior Member

Well today I completed my deal on my new weapon. It is a 2011 F750 and I cant wait until its ready to roll! I put a 10ft Western HD blade on it , with a Swanson stainless 10 ton salter. Also for the summer I put a dump body and a tarp on it for my landscape/construction work. I hope this truck together with my 570 case will be a good duo and complete some of the bigger work I wanted last year !!
    MIKE.. tymusic

2. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

Congrats I loved my hd 10 nice combo

3. mikegooseman

f750

Thanks I hope it works well for me.

4. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

Nice ride, although I wouldn't be too sure how the Western will hold up to that much weight.

When I bought mine and built it, a Monroe 10' reversible was only $1K more. Other than hoses and scraper edges, it's never seen the repair shop.

5. Landcare - Mont

Landcare - Mont Senior Member

Don't know what the rest of your fleet is but congratulations on getting a decent-sized truck. You'll get a lot of work out of it. What are the axle capacities on it? Your spreader's a 10-ton or 10-yard one? Our 6-wheel Internationals (fronts 16K lbs, rears 23K lbs) will carry a 10-ton spreader with no problem with the 12-foot Coté plow and side wing, but, loaded, the unit would be seriously over the legal limits here. Luckily, in the middle of a snowstorm, the Controle Routier usually have better things to do than hassle salt trucks.

6. Spucel

Spucel Senior Member

Congrats! Pictures?

7. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

I think he meant 10 yard

8. DellDoug

DellDoug Senior Member

Congrats that should be a nice truck and a good work unit. tymusic

9. mikegooseman

thanks

When its all put together and on the road I will post lots of pics, and if possible maybe even a video....thanks for all your thoughts.. :salute:

10. snorider075

snorider075 Senior Member

Sounds sexy !!

11. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

This is like saying you banged a model and dont show pics of her :)

12. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

I love our 10' hd also. That baby can move some snow. Cops also love it cos it's over the legal length to travel on the roads

13. deicepro

deicepro PlowSite.com Addict

x2.........:nod:

14. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

congrats on the new rig

15. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

How so? Can't it angle enough to be under 102"?

My Monroe is just fine, even 11' Monroes can angle to under 102".

16. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

The State of Michigan Measures The Plow.....Doe's Not Matter What angle the Plow is at..A 10 foot plow is still 10 feet....

17. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

Interesting.

Then any vehicle is overwidth. Open the doors and you're over 102". Drop the doors on a toolbox and you're over 102".

What about batwing mowers that are folded to meet the 102" requirement?

Or a folding ProTech or Daniel's?

What about the Ebling backblades that are 14' or 16' wide.

This gets back to the old story about the lady with the fishing pole and tackle and no license and isn't fishing when stopped by the CO. He says she needs a license because she has the equipment to fish. She says you have the equipment to rape me, but you didn't. Case closed.

For that matter, every vehicle on the road has the ability to speed, but they aren't ticketed for speeding. Or not stopping at stop signs\red lights. Just because the ability is there doesn't make one guilty of a crime.

I'd fight it and it should be won fairly easily.

18. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Sound like a nice truck, congrats. Can't wait to see pics.

19. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

Nice, can't wait for pictures. What engine did you get?

20. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Somebody needs a size 14 EEE boot up their arse. :alien: Then ask them if that was over width. :laughing: