1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My new F550

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Fergy42286, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Fergy42286

Fergy42286 Member

actually I've had it about a month but just got the sideboards done. It is almost exactly the way I want it.

truck @ tasca.jpg

f550.jpg

2. nice truck! lots of luck too

3. Fergy42286

Fergy42286 Member

here's a few more of the sideboard. I think they came out awsome!!

sideboard-detail.jpg

sideboard-1.jpg

4. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

very nice truck! Are you putting a plow on it?

5. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

nice truck man !!! black and crome is also a great combo . and the 19.5 def make it look like a big rig !

6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Very Very nice!!! Love the wheels.

7. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

Man i think this is the 3rd post today im making about how much i like the looks of those Fords. Sweet rig. My girlfriends uncle picked up the identical truck this time last year.

8. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Very sharp truck!;)

9. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

I am guessing a 9' fisher since he has minute mounts on it.

10. Fergy42286

Fergy42286 Member

I have a 9' X-blade for it. Thanks for all the compliments. Now all I have to do is lights.

11. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Take good care of my truck! If you should want to sell in a year, you have a buyer! It should be a great workhorse for you in the coming years. Good luck!

~Kevin

12. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

That is REALLLLY nice!!! all these posts about the new fords make me almost want to switch to them! :) sort of. What are you planning to do for lights?

13. Fergy42286

Fergy42286 Member

I haven't decided yet. I was thinking either a full LED Freedom lightbar or one of these on the leading edge of the cab guard.http://www.911ep.com/products/tdwl.asp Then some else for the back.

14. JayMac

JayMac Member

By no means am I a Ford fan, Dad raised me by going to work in a Chevy. I say that so you can really enjoy this... Very nice truck!

15. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

fergy, what did something like that run, you bought it new? I was/still looking for a F550 with ex cab or 4 door dump, freking ALL Xls around here, who wants to spend 30-50k on a manual window/locks? I havnt even seen em on ebay. All i want, is the non plastic front grill, the nicer wheels, mirrors that are heated/power and have blinkers like my f350, and a non crapo interior with SOME features. EVERY one around here new or used is an xl:dizzy:

16. lawnkid

lawnkid Senior Member

What'd the truck run you out the door or what are your payments if you don;t mind me asking? I'm looking at the same setup and color with a 10' or 11' dump body.

17. Fergy42286

Fergy42286 Member

Mine was the last xlt I could find within about 90 miles, so good luck finding one. the truck was just about 50k.

18. J29

J29 Senior Member

That is one sweet truck. Can I just ask why you went with the Xblade and not the MC series? Just wondering. Good luck with that sweet rig. J.

19. bike5200

bike5200 Senior Member
    from Ky

Where did you get the side boards from or who made them?

20. Fergy42286

Fergy42286 Member

I had the x from my chevy, and with bairly a season on it I couldn't see buying a new plow. If I did it would have been a 9 1/2 xtreme vee