1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

my new f350 diesel.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by K1500 4x4, Aug 6, 2008.

1. K1500 4x4

K1500 4x4 Senior Member

i finally got the truck i always wanted its a 99 f350 7.3 poerstroke diesel. ive wanted one of these ever since they came out. it doesnt have a plow right now but it should with in the next year. if anyone wants the cap you can just have it. just send me a pm if you want it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Very nice.....good luck with it! What type of plow you thinking about?

3. BETHELSKIER

BETHELSKIER Senior Member

Awesome truck! Best of luck with it:)

4. K1500 4x4

K1500 4x4 Senior Member

thinking fisher mm2 used 8ft. thanks for the comments.

5. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

That would look great on the truck!:gunsfiring: Good luck with it!

6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Nice truck.

Wanna sell it? :p

How many miles?

7. K1500 4x4

K1500 4x4 Senior Member

lol no i dont want to sell it. its got 150K but it only ran on the highway and towed a small boat its whole life.

8. Mark Oomkes

Hey, it was worth a shot. lol

Good luck with it. Watch the oil pan, unless it's been replaced already. Same with ball joints. If you have any runnability issues, it's the injector wiring harness, there was a TSB that changed it to new style connectors.

Other than that, you have a great truck. Good luck with it. And I don't mean to scare you, just things to keep an eye on. I have an '00 and a '02 pickup as well as an '02 450. I love my 7.3's.

9. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

That is a sharp looking truck!

10. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

very nice truck! gonna have to change your name now :cool:

11. K1500 4x4

K1500 4x4 Senior Member

there is an oil leak but its not bad at all it is a very very slow. im having problems with the lights that light up the radio steering wheel and gauges. they turn on for 2 seconds when i turn my lights on but then shut off but the headlights stay on.

12. Mark Oomkes

Is it leaking from the pan or the RMS\bell housing area?

If it's the latter, no big deal, most of them do.

If it's the pan, keep a very, very close eye on it. If it's leaking, a stone or maybe even a stick could put a big enough hole to cause major oil loss and then you have some serious problems.

No idea on the lights, sounds like a circuit breaker, but I don't know of any on these trucks.

13. plowindiesel

plowindiesel Senior Member

Can't beat the 7.3. Great looking truck

14. Mysticlandscape

Mysticlandscape Senior Member

An X blade would like nasty on tha truckkk

15. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

nice truck, whatd you pay for it? In mid 06, i looked at a 99 red ext cab short bed 7.3L with 60k on it, low milage but at 19k, it wasnt THAT much off of what i was looking at for used 05+ models. Plus i really wanted a long bed for this business. I bought the 06 of course but it was a nice truck. If it was 15k or less i would have definitly gotten it and probably bought a truck like my 06 this year anyway.

16. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

VERY NICE TRUCK K1500 BEST OF LUCK WITH IT :drinkup: AS FAR AS THE LIGHTING ISSUE THOSE TRUCKS HAD A PROBLEM WITH THE CONNECTOR ON THE HEADLIGHT SWITCH ON THE TOP OF THE STEERING COLUMN CHECK THERE FIRST LOOK FOR ANY KIND OF MELTING OR BURNT WIRES:nod:

17. gkm

gkm Senior Member

sharp looking truck. good luck with it

18. K1500 4x4

K1500 4x4 Senior Member

thanks guys i paid $7000 and i put a new switch in and it fixed the problem. the leak may be from the high pressure oil pump i still need to look into it more.

19. powerjoke

powerjoke PlowSite.com Addict

nice truck! and great buy.... but don't be to quick on "givving away" the camper shell.. try to sell it on craigslist.com first.

have you ever gotten anything for nothing? so why should the next guy? i would say you could get 300-400 out of the shell

PJ

20. K1500 4x4

K1500 4x4 Senior Member

i know i could but the yard space is an issue i took it off along with the bed liner and i need the stuff gone. so i may ask for some cash but not much cause it has to go.