1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

My New F250 SD Diesel

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Grisi24, Oct 18, 2005.

1. Grisi24

Grisi24 Senior Member

My new F250 SD Diesel SuperCrew... I am just getting started into the plowing business. I have worked for a company for the past two seasons but I wanted to start my own. I also needed a truck to pull a 5th wheel so here she is. I am planning on putting an 8' 2' Boss Vee on her in the up-coming weeks.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2005
  2. six o

six o Junior Member
    from maine

nice looking truck you got there
  3. fordplowdude

fordplowdude Member

Awsome Truck! :drinkup:
  4. Ron's Lawncare

Ron's Lawncare Junior Member

Up here in Maine,if you don't have a yellow(fisher) plow on your truck people look at you like your crazy.after looking at all the plows sold in my area,the Boss was a no brain choice.the Boss Hydraulics are the fastest i've ever seen,the hand held control is the easiest to use.the only thing i'm not crazy about is the push assy on the truck.it seems to hang a little low compared to the M M on my Fisher.

5. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Nice truck, have fun with it..
  6. trinitygrove

trinitygrove Member

she's a beauty man! Enjoy all the grunt of the PSD, have fun doing some 4 wheel peels! lol
  7. yamahar612

yamahar612 Member
    from WI

Sweet ride!!!! I like it a lot. you will love the Boss V.
  8. Kason & Riley

Kason & Riley Senior Member

That is one sharp truck. Love the black on black.
  9. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Cool truck, you'll love the Boss.:nod:
  10. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

not to bust on your new truck. But a V plow on a F-250 diesel crew cab. Isn't that just a wee bit too much front end weight. Maybe a F-350 diesel crew cab with a V. Not a F-250. Also if your planning to pull a 5 wheel. Why did you get it with the tiny sport mirrors. You need the big bad tow mirrors on that baby.

Other wise its looks really nice.
  11. Grisi24

Grisi24 Senior Member

V On 250

I asked around about the v on the f250 and many told me it would be fine and if I was worring about it that I could always add another leaf to the front... and they came wiith the sport mirrors, and the tow mirrors are on order :)
  12. Elsewhere

Elsewhere Junior Member

Becareful with the mirrors. I have a 250 and a broken driver side mirror. A friend has a 350 with a broken mirror, same side. These are the Sport mirrors.
    Truck is just wide enough that the mirrors get whack by passing vehicles when parked. I try to fold mirror up, when parked.
  13. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

He'll be just fine. My 250 handles the V just as good as a 350. It did even before I added another leaf to the front....just to level it out.
  14. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

Love the truck, black on black, only way to go, especially since it's a sport !!:redbounce purplebou :redbounce
  15. Grisi24

Grisi24 Senior Member

More pictures of the F250 PSD

Well there's more pictures... In the picture I did not have the snow deflector on...

Nothing beats the power of that 6.0L PSD :cool:

Last edited: Dec 18, 2005
  16. Dirt_Werx

Dirt_Werx Senior Member
    from MASS

haha, nothing beats the power till it sh*ts the bed, maybe you got lucky but i no way to many people who have had awful luck with the new 6.0 including my boss's 04' nothing but trouble, but best of luck anyway and great looking truck.
  17. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

dude, they aren't sh*ttin' the bed any more, those problems have been fixed since 04, you are right about one thing, most of the problems were found during the 04 model year, they are almost non-existent now.
  18. john-boy

john-boy Member

I have had 2 friends return their o5's on lemon law cuz the 6.0s are junk. If there werent a problem, then there wouldnt b talk of changing engines in the 07' lineup.
    I just wish u luck and hope its a good one.
  19. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Awesome truck...salute the boss!:salute:
  20. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

It's suppose to be a 6.4 liter from what I heard at the Romeo Engine Plant, but now who whats to be a Ginnie pig for that motor ??