1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

my new(er) truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by kc2006, Nov 23, 2008.

1. kc2006

kc2006 Senior Member

Heres some pics of my new truck, its a 99 f250. Got it off my brother in law, who had it since 2003 and only put 10,000 miles on it, they barely ever used it. Back when he had it we did a ton of stuff to it, he makes pretty good money so he always read about stuff and wanted it and i did it.

Has 100,000 miles on it, gets great mileage (not saying what because everyone will call BS) and so far has been great.

truck1.jpg

2. kc2006

kc2006 Senior Member

After our last few snows, hosed it down real quick yesterday

truck4.jpg

3. kc2006

kc2006 Senior Member

I added a leaf after this pic, the front end sat like a 2wd for some reason. The rear sits really high and has a factory 3" block but the front was way too low. Sits alot better now

truck3.jpg

4. kc2006

kc2006 Senior Member

Heres a pic of a salter i picked up this year, tore it down, put a new motor/spinner/auger on it, had the frame blasted then painted real good with rustoleum and added metal to the corners incase I back up into anything.

truck2.jpg

5. Elwer Lawn Care

Elwer Lawn Care PlowSite.com Addict

Nice Ford! What size plow do you have? Looks small from the angle of the picture.

6. kc2006

kc2006 Senior Member

Just a 7.5 poly for now. I'm mostly just subbing right now for hourly rate so taking alittle more time isn't a bad thing lol.

If i get this one school i bid on i'm going to get wings but as of now i really dont need em

7. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

Thats a pretty truck thou i do like ur other one. You dont have the other one set up to plow do you?

8. kc2006

kc2006 Senior Member

yea the white one is ready to go as a back up. I have two complete plows now, so if anything takes a crap i can stop home and throw the other light bar on or have another moldboard too.

I wanted to buy a wideout or a noway this year but i figured i already have a complete meyer and found this one cheap so why not stay with it. Plus I figured save some money since who knows whats to come next year with business.

9. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

Ya i think running the same setups is pretty much the best idea then ur spare parts r all the same. And meyer's r so basic that pretty much anything can be fixed easily.

10. kc2006

kc2006 Senior Member

yea thats the other thing. I hate meyers, but like you said they're so simple.

like a friend said he was having issues with his western, took 150 bucks to get it diagnosed, ended up being the wire connector on his controller only. they're too hard to diagnose. If something takes a crap on the meyer while out plowing i can normally diagnose it right away and fix it.

Or hit it with a hammer, I've found that to work pretty good.

11. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

any pics of the white truck?